Saturday, September 11, 2010

Photos.......

Dd sent me a photo of the cake she made for her boyfriends birthday.  This is the first time she has ever used fondant.  For her first attempt I think she did a fine job.  She is going to make one for her dad for next Saturday (18th), so I'll take photos of that as well.


We went to a place called St. Jacobs on Friday for a look around, as it's been a few years since we have been; and goodness me the place has changed an awful lot.  Including the building of the restaurant below.  We had lunch there and I have to say it was really good.   Here is a link to the restaurants website  I felt a bit guilty dining there though, as we normally eat at a family restaurant in the town called Harvest Moon, but have to say we really did enjoy Jack's.
It must have been laundry day around St. Jacobs on Friday, I know it was at The Acreage, but I had no where near as much laundry on the line as this person.  By the way I took this from the car as we drove by.  It was a Mennonite farm with no electricity.
All these pumpkins were for sale on the side of the road, again I took this from the car.  I must look in my pumpkin patch to see what is happening there.

We had an enjoyable day out and we were home by 4pm.  After doing my ironing though, we went and did grocery shopping, basically just to get it over with.

My poor tummy is suffering from taking the pain meds, so me and the toilet are very close companions at the moment.........don't think I will go into anymore detail!!  Roll on Wednesday when it will all be sorted out!

12 comments:

MyBulletinBoard said...

Bless your heart! I'll be so glad when you get that tooth fixed -- but now HALF as glad as you'll be, I know.

Love the photos. Thanks for sharing!

Liz, The Republic

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm glad you were able to get out for awhile--I've heard there is a shortage of pumpkins because of the weather and prices will reflect that...I hope the medication doesn't continue to make you ill...Take care!!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I forgot to mention what a beautiful cake that is!! I love to bake cakes, but decorating is not something that I can do and I admire those who can!

Karine said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day out, I'm happy for you on that front...and will be even happier for you when you get your tooth fixed up!

Karine said...

P.S.: dd's cake is AMAZING!!!

Stella Jones said...

I loved looking through all of that today! We've just had a programme on over here, all about six Amish teenagers coming to Britain to find out what life is like over here. It was fascinating to experience their journey through their own eyes.
The cake you showed us looks lovely but I couldn't eat all that fondant.
My son recently had two wisdom teeth out and now he feels soooo much better. He said the best thing was being able to eat crusty bread again.
Take care.
Blessings, Star

Stephanie V said...

That cake is so professional-looking. I'd never want to cut it!
St Jacob's is a lovely place to visit. We stayed there a few years back when my daughter graduated from Waterloo. Oh my, the funky B&B we stayed in! It was a wonderful experience. And we did have dinner at the Harvest Moon. And some of those great home-made pies.

John Going Gently said...

lol TOO much information!!!!!

take a paper into the loo!!!!

Lib said...

Hope your tooth is fixed soon!
Love the cake, your DD did a great job!
Love the other photos !
Have agreat wk.end!
Blessins',Lib

Patty said...

Your daughter did a terrific job for her first try. Will be anxious to see what she makes for her Father.

Clippy Mat said...

Gill: I was in St. Jacob's on Friday too. We went to the village and shopped up one side of the street and down the other. My ma in law bought a CD from a guy playing the pan pipes outside of one store. I wonder if we walked past each other and didn't know it? :-)

The Witch said...

Your daughter made a beautiful Birthday cake.
Love the pics I know this place very well. I get lonely for a visit which I'll probably do next year.
My family is all in the Toronto and Barrie area.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...