Monday, September 6, 2010

Creative souls that we are.........

You may have to click on the photo to enlarge it to see the detail.  This is a Sudoku birthday card, that I made by cross-stitching the main design and card for the rest of it.  The pattern is here, about half way down the page, it is a pdf file.  I had a heck of a job finding a Happy Birthday logo, and the numbers.  I tried all the usual places with no luck.  I may have to order them online in the future.  This is one of two that I will make for a couple of guy birthday's that are coming up.  The puzzle is a little bit harder, and as I know the two guys love doing Sudoku as much as me, they will enjoy solving it.  I am planning on using a different colour than the yellow for the numbers on my next one, as it is hard to see.
Dd is as "crafty" as I am, and at the moment is into cake decorating.  They are having a fund raiser at work for the flood victims in Pakistan, so she was going to make ladybug cupcakes.  She thought she would try out the idea first before taking them into work.  They turned out nice didn't they?  She is making both her boyfriend's and her dad's birthday later this month as well.  Can't wait to see what she does.


When we were in Collingwood the other day I picked up this print.  I have it hung in the mud room, so it is the first thing you see when you walk into the house.

Today is the final day to enter my blog giveaway.  So if you haven't already entered here is the link to the post where you may enter.

7 comments:

JohnD said...

We have two Sudoko boards, one at home and one up at the camp at Wyangala - great for whiling away those quiet hours.

DeniseinVA said...

I would say VERY creative. As I don't stitch I am always impressed with people who do. Your daughter's cupcakes are really cute and I liked your Canada print.

MyBulletinBoard said...

Ah, another sudoku player!!! I go in spurts. Won't play for weeks, then I'll sit up half the night playing one puzzle after another. Mom gives me the tear-off calendars each year. Great for relaxing! . . . . . . . . The ladybugs are so cute, I'm just not certain about eating something that's looking back at me. LOL Good cause! I know you're proud of her.

Liz, The Republic

Karine said...

I love your daughter's cupcakes, they're wonderful! The sudoku card is a great idea as well, my grandfather and one of my uncles love doing Sudokos, so I may try that out for them one of these days!

Stephanie V said...

That sudoku card is a gret idea! I did a very informal survey of our seniors and came up with 2 out of three liking the sudoku over crossword puzzles. Me, I'm a word gal.

Those cupcakes are adorable.

cheshire wife said...

I thought for a moment that Dd had two boyfriends!

Daxingcujo said...

I love it, my son loves sudoku and that be great idea for his next bday...the cupckaes loook yummy (When I first seen the photo I actually thought they were handmade crafts u hang!)

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...