Friday, August 6, 2010

Zucchini, zucchini and more zucchini.....

It's that time of year, when you go out one day to see a couple of tiny baby zucchini and the next day they are huge.  I went out to cut the grass on Thursday night and happened to drive past my two zucchini plants only to discover another couple of giant zucchini.  So I decided to make some carrot zucchini muffins, the recipe is here

I made 4 dozen, using 4 cups of shredded zucchini.  I shredded the rest of the zucchini and had 5 x 2 cup bags for the freezer.  Also in the photo is my first ripe tomato.  I am going to have it with my lunch on Friday.

Dh won't eat anything with bones in it.  So I had bought some boneless skinless chicken breasts.  I personally find them tasteless.  However I poached a couple in a strong chicken stock and then thickened the stock with Chicken Bisto and cornstarch/cornflour and it was so good.   I will be cooking it like that again.

Otherwise Thursday was a quiet day.  I did a bit of stripping and decided that wasn't my kind of job.  Paint stripping that is.

I am at work on Friday my last day, then I can get on with decorating the bedroom, bathroom and the closets.

8 comments:

The Witch said...

Those muffins looks delicious.
If you put the kettle on I'll be right over!
Hope you show us some pictures of your decorating.

MyBulletinBoard said...

Copied that recipe right down! Bet it will work wonderfully for my squash.

There you go, cutting that grass again. . . . . .

Liz, The Republic

Kcalpesh said...

Yummy Yummy Very Yummy!!! :-) Just tried to match the title...

Charlotte Lake Matheran

Christina, Sweden said...

wish I had big zucchinis as yours but this year somehow they are tiny tiny. However the recipe sounds great so I'll keep that for trying later. Thanks for sharing! and for telling that it was paintstripping LOL

John Going Gently said...

I hate zuccini but grow them so I will give these a go!
thanks gill
x

Teresa said...

That looks great. It is amazing how those things can grow so big so fast. I have so many right now, that I'm thinking of giving the chickens a fresh zucchini treat.

Evelyn said...

i made zuccini relish this week, delicious!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Gill, I didn't think that you could freeze zucchini--I thought that you couldn't. One of the girls I work with has it coming out of her ears too, and she thinks the same thing--I'll have to let her know that it can be done--THANKS!! Enjoy your weekend!!!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...