Monday, July 14, 2008

Zucchini Carrot Muffins

Again another recipe that is a keeper. I actually grow zucchini specifically to make this recipe. Although I am going to list the ingredients used, I would go to this link and print out the recipe, as you can make small or larger batches. I made a double batch today.

This is a great way to use up carrots, zucchini and apples. These freeze great, but I can't get my kids to eat these.....big babies that they are.

Now there are a lot of ingredients, but once you get them measured out etc., you'll find it goes together in minutes.

Ingredients (this is for a double batch, 24 muffins)

4 cups flour
2 cups brown sugar
1 tablespoon, + 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
2 eggs
2 cups shredded zucchini
2 cups shredded carrots
2 teaspoon vanilla

In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients, other than sugar and sieve together, then add sugar and mix in.



Add remaining ingredients and stir until ingredients are combined but do not over mix.



Ingredients all mixed together.



Fill muffin cups, bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes.


Enjoy!!!

9 comments:

Cathy said...

Hello there
Good recipe thanks for that
Remember I asked about freezing zucchini and you said it went a bit soft - well would it be alright to use in these?
Take care
Cathy

Gill - That British Woman said...

Cathy,

this is the whole reason I grow zucchini for this recipe. I freeze mine (grated) in 2 cup bags. When I need them I defrost the zucchini, and drain the liquid off of them and use tham. Now you will have less than 2 cups when you drain the liquid off, but I generally use more carrot, yogurt and apple sauce than the recipe calls for anyhow....and it all works out great.

Gill

Sonshine said...

Yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Thanks for stopping by. To answer your question about the jello mix in the smoothies....I have not tried it yet with the jello mix in the smoothies because my son dumped the cereal crumbs however, I would think that the jello mix not only would sweeten the taste of it but would also help to "cure" the runny consistency that sometimes smoothies can have.

Lib said...

Hi gill,
Thanks for this keeper!
I too grated 2cup bags and freeze just for zuc. bread:o)
Hope you have a wonderful wk. Happy cooking!
Blessins',Lib

DeniseinVA said...

Love the look of this recipe too and thanks for the freezing tip. Have a great week Gill.

Anonymous said...

yum...this does look good! i love having a stash of muffins in the freezer for morning coffee clutches :) thanks very much for visiting my blog gill! i love having company in my garden :)
robin

Gill - That British Woman said...

Hi everyone thanks for popping in and for your comments

Gill

CannedAm said...

Oh yum. I have to make these. I only like zucchini in baked goods. mmmmmmmm. This sounds luscious. Filing away this recipe. (I have to plant zucchini next year.)

Christina, Sweden said...

looks very good! As I have lots of zuccinis this year I'm happy I found your recipes :-) just have to translate them to Swedish ingredients and measurements

Thanks for sharing !

/Christina, Sweden

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...