Saturday, July 26, 2008

Hello My Name is Gill....................and I am a Magazine addict.

I know now you are shocked.........I don't drink, I don't smoke, I'm just a magazine junkie. I love magazine's, all sorts of magazines. I have a "couple" I subscribe too, I suppose I should list them, right?

Canadian Living, that's full of all sorts of things, from how to's, recipes, health, house decor and gardening. I have been getting this for years.

Chatelaine, which is another Canadian oldie but goodie, again I have been receiving that for years.

Homemakers, its only around $10 a year, but the coupons I get from that magazine, pays for itself in no time flat, plus there are usually some pretty interesting articles in there.

MoneySense, is a great financial magazine, that's also Canadian.

Then there is Harrowsmith Country Life magazine, as one day I would love to have that log house in the country on a couple of acres, you know that dream, of living a simple life, getting away from it all type of dream?

I also get Country Woman, which is one of the Riemann Publications. I have had other subscriptions to some of their other magazines over the years.

I am also getting Hello Canada at the moment, but that is a temporary thing. I was just taking part of a promotion. I won't continue with it when the promotion is over with.I think that's it.

I donate my magazines to the doctors office or the garage where I get the oil changed, so they don't go to waste.

Now I also buy on a regular basis, Prima magazine, any quilting magazine's, Ok from Britain, also Hello from Britain. I like the US weeklies like People Magazine and US weekly, those ones about the celebrities. Love gardening magazines and home decor magazines. Basically I read most magazines!!!

I am always looking out for new magazines, or new suggestions, so let me know what you like, so I may try them as well.

7 comments:

Lib said...

Hi Gill,
I do think we all have our addictions!
My favorite Mags. are crafting and Gardening.
I like you pass on my mags when read.
Hope you have a great wk.end!
Blessins',Lib

DeniseinVA said...

Yep, I too am a magazine addict.

Here's my list:

Southern Living
Better Homes and Gardens
Home Companion
This England
Art of the West
Southwest Art
National Wildlife
Nature Photographer

to name a few!

Gill - That British Woman said...

Glad to hear I am not the only one!!!

Gill

Sandi McBride said...

Red Book, Good Housekeeping, OUI, Southern Living and O...need I say more? You're not alone!
Sandi

Kim said...

I only do Canadian Living. I got tired of buying non-Canadian ones and finding something really cool that I wanted only to find it wasn't avail in Canada. Plus I read them fast and they clutter the place up - I have to find someone to give them all to.

Gill - That British Woman said...

Kim, give them to a retirement home, or the doctor's or dentist's office......

Stephanie D said...

Well, I subscribe to about 5 quilting magazines, and Guideposts at the present. I used to get Country Living and Country Home, and Taste of Home, but let those lapse a long time ago.

I'd seen others post about "Real Simple" and had the luck to pick one up at a yard sale, that was about 99% intact. Just to confirm, I bought the July issue a couple of weeks ago. There is a lot of helpful information in it, and it takes me a while to get through one. I haven't decided yet if I'll subscribe, but so far I like what I'm finding.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...