Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pineapple Banana Loaf

Once you have tried this recipe for banana bread you'll never go back to another banana bread recipe. It is so moist and yummy it really is great. I got this recipe from the Robin Hood Baking Festival in 2000, so have been making this for a while now.

Now just a word of warning, I doubled this recipe today, so it looks as though I have a lot more ingredients than what the recipe calls for in the photo's, and that is why. Also my Kitchen Aid couldn't handle to amount, so at the end I had to switch to my popcorn bowl to stir in the flour. This is a super simple recipe.

Ingredients:
3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (250 ml) undrained crushed pineapple
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups corn, canola or vegetable oil
2 cups mashed ripe bananas (around 5 bananas)
2 teaspoon vanilla

Combine first five dry ingredients.



I just thought I'd show you how I freeze my bananas, skin and all!!!



Pop bananas into mixing bowl and mash up with a fork.



Add remaining "wet" ingredients into bowl and mix until blended.




Stir in dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.



Now at this point you will pour mixture into two greased and lined loaf pans and cook for 60 minutes at 350 oF. As I made double the mixture, I also got two dozen muffins and four mini loaves. I cooked the muffins and mini loaves at 375oF for around 25 minutes.



Now for the "artistic shot!!" The mini loaves are for dh to put into his lunch box this week, aren't I just perfect wife...LOL




You can add a cup of nuts to this recipe, and these loaves freeze really well.

11 comments:

Emma Herian said...

Thankyou for popping by, everyone keeps mentioning Jam Jams unique markings - I am beginning to think I have a very special kitten. Mind you, she has always been rather special, such a delight to have.
Your bannana loaf an cakes look scrummy, I love making these with the boys, great for using up all those brown bannanas! Enjoy.

Country Cottage Chic said...

The recipe looks delicious! It's a great way to use up the over ripe bananas. Thanks for popping in to my blog - I always enjoy finding new blogs to read!

Elizabeth said...

Adding pineapple is one thing I have never heard of. I may give that one a go. It looks delicious.
I was reading your last post just now and it reminded me of living by the beach (our last home) I went down there to pick up rocks for a garden project. It's a busy beach and patrolled at that, so I went early morning and dusk. It is technically illegal (the land belongs to the city) but the funny thing was there was always someone else there doing it too!
I explained I was just moving the landscape around a bit.

Unknown said...

Looks yummy! So, are the amounts you have listed for the original or the doubled recipe?

p.s. I don't think I mentioned it but I'm MinJ02 on FS. That's how I found your blog :)

Gill - That British Woman said...

thank you all for popping by, the recipe is really good.

Kim, the recipe ingredients listed will make two loaves, to make two dozen muffins as well, I doubled the recipe.

Thanks Kim for letting me know who you are as I was wondering, I figured you had to have something to do with FS but wasn't sure who....LOL Now I know who you are, despite the fact we have never met..LOL

Jasmine's Journey said...

Those mini loaves are adorable. I wanted some last x~mas but wound up getting mini muffin and texas muffin pans instead.

I was telling my dh last week I want some again. Where did you get yours from? Are they nonstick?

With us baking and selling stuff I thought mini loaves would be convenient for anyone who wants to buy but doesn't want to commit to a large loaf.

I need to see where I can get small bags from.

Gill - That British Woman said...

Jasmine, the company I got mini loaf pan from has gone out of business.

You could try Michael's, also they may have the little bags you are thinking about. Or how about William Sonoma?

Otherwise a specialized baking store. Here is what I found online: http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=105321

the happy quilter said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog. You look after your husband very well. I hope mine is not expecting mini loaves in his lunch box because he will have a long wait. A great idea for using up those brown bananas that no one will eat.

Jilly's Space said...

Hi Gill!
I saw your comment to bakerella and that you were in Canada. So am I : )
I'm so glad I go nosey and had to check out your blog. I will be trying your banana bread recipe! I just made one tonight with fresh chopped strawberries. Haven't tried it yet, but the house smells wonderful!!
Jill : )

Gill - That British Woman said...

thanks Happy Quilter and Jill for popping by!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, your banana and pineapple loaves and muffins look so yummy - I am definitely going to make this next time bananas are on special!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...