Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm sick.....................

I woke up on Sunday with sore throat. Figured I had slept with my mouth open, we have a ceiling fan over the bed. Anyhow, didn't feel the best, but figured it was one of those things, and had a quiet day on Sunday.

Got up Monday morning and still not feeling good, throat still sore, and someone took all my energy overnight? My ears feel full, and I have a horrible headache.

Anyhow I was determined to get the garage doors and frame undercoated today, and the lawn looked like a hay field. So I do those jobs, took me three hours. I was pooped, I did too much, and ended up having a shower and going to bed for a couple of hours.

So the good and the bad news.

Good news, when I cough it's not green and chunky that's coming up, sorry if that's too much info!!

Bad news, when I cough it drains me, and it hurts.

Good news, as long as I keep sitting down I can do the odd job around the house.

Bad news, as I was working last week, I didn't clean the house, and so it looks like a bomb has dropped............a bit of an exaggeration, but its dusty and not as tidy as it should be.

Good news, got the grass cut.

Bad news, I didn't get it weeded, so it's knee high in weeds.

Good news, I have actually been feeling cold, instead of sweating constantly.

Bad news, I am just drained of energy, and my ears are full of liquid.

So I guess its a case of wait and see. I'm not sure what is worse, a summer cold or a winter cold?

5.30am Tuesday morning...........can't breathe as I am full of cold, and all my glands are now swollen...............I think I'll call my mam and see if I can get any sympathy from her!!!!

14 comments:

Ginnie said...

Sorry to hear you feel bad, I had similar a couple of weeks ago. Hope you feel much better soon. :-)

Unknown said...

Ah, Gill...sorry you are feeling so poorly. I hope you get better quickly and that it's just a cold. I had a bought of sinusitis a couple of months ago that had those symptoms. It was horrible.

Lib said...

Sorry to hear your sick.HOpe you feel better soon!
Blessins',Lib

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

Sorry to hear your not feeling well,drink lots and rest,take an aspirin,look after yourself.Poor sweetheart!!!
There did I sound like your Mom??
I hope so
Take care
Diane at Crafty Passions

Kim said...

See a DR Gil, you could have strep or bronchitis, neither of which will go away on their own.

Hope you feel better soon.

And stop doing housework - it won't go anywhere :)

Jess said...

Sounds like you need to head to the doctor for some antibiotics.

Hope you get to feeling better

CannedAm said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Gill - That British Woman said...

Thank you for all your good wishes. Good news is I got dressed today....I am so full of cold though. So fingers crossed I am getting better slowly but surely.

Gill

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

Hi and thanks for coming by my blog, to answer your question yes its all stored on my computer in drives, that's all I can tell you,I am not computer-savy,its my son who is the computer whiz,its what he does for a living programming them.If he dosen't know it it dosen't it hasen't been discovered yet.
All I know is where they are on the drives and how to put them there and retrieve them.
Hope your feeling better.
Diane

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

my dear Gill , you had better head to the doctor . Hope you start feeling better dear .

Cathy said...

Hello Gill
Hope you are feeling a lot better today. Did you get to the Dr's so he could check the chest out?
Take care
Cathy

Stephanie D said...

Sounds like you caught a cold, then added a dollop of allergies on top! How miserable!

Hope you're up to snuff soon!

Unknown said...

I thought you were going to say that your sick from the knowledge FOF is going away! I am shocked, now I'll never get the opportunity if I ever make my way out east! You guys'll have to petition for a London Drugs to get some of our good deals out that way now!

Hope you're feeling better!

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

Berlimey - you really don't sound too well . . . oodles of sympathy.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...