Thursday, April 23, 2009

Catch up time again..........

I have to say I am glad I have pre-done some day's posts, it is giving me a break to get on with other things.

The packing is coming along, and the garage sale pile is also growing!!! I will be glad when it's all over.

We went to the lawyers on Wednesday to sign all the paperwork, and have to say it all went well until he reviewed the mortgage papers and that's when things went pear shape!!!! So what we sorted out at the bank and what they sent to the lawyers is night and day. They do agree though on the amount of the mortgage, so that is something I suppose!!

I am going to the bank for 9am this morning to try and sort this mess out. I swear if its not one thing, its another!!! Also discovered the guy who we are buying the house from is nearly $7,000 in arrears for his property taxes!! Don't worry our lawyer has got us all covered so we won't be liable for that. However, we can't get over how he has managed to get away with not paying his taxes in the past 18 months......must say it makes me nervous about what we are walking into.

So a week tomorrow we will be moving. Then I guess the fun will begin!!

The weather has been miserable this week, cool and rainy. You know I do believe the weather affects your mood as well, as I have been totally fed up with everything this week.

One thing I did do this week is donate dd prom dresses (grade 8 & 12) to the Salvation Army Women's & Children Shelter, as they often have teenage girls who have to stay in the shelter with their mother and siblings and if they have a school prom, they can't afford a dress, and prom season is coming up, May & June over here, so they were really pleased I had dropped them off.

Anything I have left over from the garage sale I am dropping off at the Salvation Army store, as I am sure they will be able to sell some of the things.

Also for those of you in Canada, you can get a free magazine subscription by buying certain General Mills Cereal's, here is the link You can also get $5 in coupons from them as well. The magazine/book promo is under current promotions. I got a package of cereal that I like for $3.99, and I am getting 4 copies of the Canadian Workshop Magazine for free, so I am all happy about that!!

I just signed up for a subscription for Mother Earth News, and got an email from them regarding another magazine they have called GRIT. I haven't heard of this magazine and haven't seen it in our stores. I still can't figure out how to get a subscription to Prima magazine here in Canada, so if anyone knows let me know, please???

5 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

With all the money you save you can pay the poor man's back-taxes!

The Good Life in Virginia said...

omg...indeed how did they get away not paying their taxes. of course any proceeds from the sale that they receive will/must go to paying that deliquent bill?
glad to hear your packing and sorting and packing and sorting is coming along. you are indeed quite organized. a good thing.
have a lovely day gill.

Lib said...

Hi Gill,
Seems nothing much is simple these days huh? Always added work and run around!
Hope you have a great day!
Blessins',Lib

mommanator said...

But who wants to pay anothers taxes! I dont want to pay mine, but find it a necessary evil. I love the way we live in the US, plus I think other countries pay more

Scrappy quilter said...

Thanks for the link. I signed up.

I'm sure that amount of back taxes will have to come off the amount he gets from the mortgage. That's a huge amount to be owing.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...