I have to admit, the only way I prepare parsnips is by roasting them, so I am as interested as the rest of you as to how else you can cook parsnips.
1. Curried Parsnip Pie
2. Potatoes and Parsnips in Acorn Squash Bowls - these sound good, though a lot of work
3. Sweet and Gooey Parsnips
4. Corned Beef Parsnip Hash - yummy!!
5. Carrot and Parsnip Latkes
6. Gingered Carrot and Parsnip Soup
7. Baked Parsnips Irish Style - I can't decide why these are Irish Style?
8. Breaded Parsnips
9. Buttered Fried Parsnips - this sounds good
10. Mashed Potatoes, Parsnips and Garlic
11. Creamy Potato and Parsnip Gratin
12. Parsnip Chowder
13. Parsnip Patties
14. Maple Glazed Parsnips
15. Green Bean Parsnip Soup
16. Parsnip Pecan Cake
17. Parsnip Potato Pancakes
18. Winter Vegetables with Horseradish Dill Butter
19. You Hate Parsnips? - yes its a recipe.....
20. Root Vegetable Gratin Dauphinoise
21. Sugar Crusted Parsnips
22. Cajun Parsnip Fries
23. Cheesy Bacon Parsnip Patties
24. Country Pork and Winter Vegetable Pie
25. Curried Cream of Parsnip and Carrot Soup
26. Irish Stew (Lamb Shanks and Ontario Root Vegetables Braised with Guinness)
27. Parsnips with Pears and Wild Rice
28. Savoury Parsnip Parmesan Mini-Muffins
29. Turkey Barley Stew - good way of using up the Christmas turkey
30. Winter Vegetable Soup
31. Smoky Cod and Parsnip Chowder
32. Mashed Potato, Rutabaga, And Parsnip Casserole With Caramelized Onions
33. Baked Butternut Squash and Parsnips
34. Beef and Parsnip Stroganoff
35. Beet Soup with Parsnips
36. Carrot Parsnip and Lentil Soup
37. Chicken and Parsnip Casserole
38. Farfalle with Onion Parsnip Ragout
39. Garbanzo Parsnip Gnocchi
40. Hearty Rutabaga, Carrot, Parsnip and Sausage Soup
41. Low-Fat Parsnip and Butternut Squash Risotto with Herbs - this sounds so good
42. Parsnip and Bean Pie - this is an easy recipe.
43. Parsnip and Cheddar Souffle
44. Parsnip and Pancetta Tagliatelle with Parmesan and Butter
45. Parsnip Cake
46. Parsnip, Carrot and Cauliflower Korma
47. Parsnip Garlic Ravioli with Mushroom Ragout
48. Parsnip Oven-Fries with Yogurt Curry Dipping Sauce
49. Parsnip Parmesan and Sage Bread
50. Parsnip Slaw
51. Pork and Parsnip Casserole
Parsnips (raw, sliced), 1 cup (155g)
Total Fat: 0.4g
*Excellent source of: Vitamin C (22.6mg), and Folate (88.8mg)
*Good source of: Potassium (498mg)
So there you go, I didn't realise you could do so much with parsnips.
As next Wednesday is Christmas Eve and the following Wednesday New Year's Eve, I'm going to take a break on the 50 + 1 recipes for a couple of weeks.
Are there any vegetables that you would like me to feature?