Friday, December 5, 2008

Toffee Bits Triangles

I found this recipe on a Ziploc coupon I found in the grocery store and it looked good, so figured I would give it a try.

Ingredients:
1 cup butter or marg, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 cups all purpose/plain flour
1 package (200g) Chipits Skor Toffee Bits, divided (I honestly don't know what to recommend for those of you who don't live in North America, sorry)
1 package (270g) Milk Chocolate Chips



Preheat oven to 350oF.

Beat butter in large bowl on medium speed until creamy. Beat in brown sugar, vanilla and egg yolk until well mixed.



Stir in flour and 1 cup of toffee bits.



Press into ungreased jelly-roll/swiss roll pan, 15 x 10in.



Bake at 350oF for 18 to 20 minutes or until light brown.



Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Let stand until softened, about 5 minutes; spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining toffee bits over top. Cool completely. Cut into 3 inch squares; cut each square into 4 triangles.

6 comments:

Marina said...

Can I have a piece of it as I'm watching your sky with the leaving clouds?

Twisted Fencepost said...

That looks scrumptious!
I'm gonna have to try this.

mommanator said...

YUM send some PLEAE!!

Lib said...

Hi Gill,
Never heard of this recipe ,looks like a keeper.Thanks for sharing!
HAve a great wk.end!
Blessins',Lib

ChaChaneen said...

I just make a pot of tea, could I have a square please? A BIG square, please? Actually a HUGE square! ha ha Looks yummy? Were they?

DeniseinVA said...

Hmmmmmm........and me with no dessert planned tonight. Maybe I should go shopping? I love the sound of this.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...