Sunday, December 28, 2008

Pear, Raspberry and Almond Flan....

I made this as one of the desserts for Christmas Day and it was a big hit. I got the original recipe from the November 2008 issue of Prima magazine.

Ingredients:

1 x 8 inch pie crust baked blind
2 pears peeled and chopped
3 tbsp raspberry jam
3 oz butter
3 oz sugar
1 egg beaten
2 tbsp milk
3 oz ground almonds
1 oz self raising flour

Make 8 oz pastry (see this post) To bake blind, roll out pastry into pie tin, line tin with pastry, line with parchment paper, and then baking beans. Bake at 425oF for 15 minutes, then remove the beans and parchment paper, and bake for another five minutes more.

Cream the butter and the sugar until creamy. Beat in the egg and milk, until mixed in well. Fold in the almonds and flour. Chop the pears and mix with the raspberry jam, place in the pastry case. Top with the almond mixture and smooth top.

Place in a pre-heated 375 oF oven for around 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve either warm or cold, either way is good.

I forgot to take a photo of the finished flan, so only have a photo of a leftover slice. It got rave reviews!!!

8 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Gill, I have enjoyed catching up on your blog. Thanks for this totally yummy recipe. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, and I'd like to wish you all a Very Happy New Year.

George said...

Gill, it sounds delicious. I'm surprised you had even a small piece left over!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Gill, Thanks for that recipe.. Sounds incredible!!! Makes me hungry this morning!
Hugs,
Betsy

ChaChaneen said...

OOOOH thanks for sharing, sounds easy and delicious!

Rudee said...

Yum. I adore raspberries.

Margaret said...

Gill
I love your blog and have used many of the recipes you provided.
Think I'll be trying this one for the next pot-luck dinner at Church

mommanator said...

YUM!

Winifred said...

That looks very tasty. Must try it before I start my cutting down phase!

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...