Well I am closing out the month of November and must say although I said I wanted to stay under $300, with there being 5 Saturday's in the month of November that would have been super hard for me to do. I did manage to stay under $75 a week which in itself was an achievement, and ended up spending $371.77, with $133.03 in savings, which I am pleased about.
I am stocked up on coffee and paper towel. Don't need shower gel for the next 6 months either!!! Also stocked up on Tylenol for dh, although I will be taking advantage of that this month, as the expiry date is the middle of 2010, so will make sure I have enough until then. The freezers are pretty full, and as long as I am organized with my menu planning everything will be good.
I also got enough points from Shopper's Drug Mart that I can cash in for $200 worth of free product from their store, but I think I will leave those until next year.
There are only 4 Saturday's in the month of December, so I will budget $300 for this month, along with $100 in savings.
I got this email from Linda the other day, its so true!!! Pass this on to a man in your life!!!
(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.
(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!
(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)
(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome' . that will bring on a 'whatever').
(8) Whatever: Is a woman's way of saying F-- YOU!
(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3.
* Send this to the men you know, to warn them about arguments they can avoid if they remember the terminology.
* Send this to all the women you know to give them a good laugh, cause they know it's true!!!