There are many varieties of lettuce and a lot of ways of preparing them. Also because it is coming into winter here, I am of course craving salad!!!
1. The Original Caesar Salad Recipe - I am too lazy to make mine own dressing, we use Renee's Light Caesar Salad Dressing
2. Mediterranean Chop Salad - I would use your regular croutons...
3. Seven Layer Taco Dip
4. 24-Hour Lettuce Salad - minus the celery, this sounds so good!!
5. Amish Lettuce Salad - this too sounds good
6. Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps - this sounds good and different
7. Bacon, Lettuce and Fried Green Tomato Sandwiches
8. Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Pizza - this is super simple
9. Baked Fish in Lettuce Packets
10. Bayscough House Cream of Lettuce Soup
11. Bibb Lettuce Salad - Bibb lettuce is also called a Boston Lettuce
12. BLT in Bibb Lettuce Cups - a fancy dancy appetizer
13. Boston Lettuce with Radishes and Lemon Dressing
14. Braised Lettuce and Peas
15. Butter Lettuce Salad with Oranges and Red Onion Dressing
16. Californian Tlt (Turkey, Lettuce and Stylish Tomato) - I think I will try this
17. Cauliflower Lettuce Salad - yummy!!!
18. Cheddar Cheese, Pear and Lettuce Baguette
19. Chef Dave's Seared Ham Steak Salad with Bibb Lettuce
20. Chicken in Lettuce Packets
21. Couscous in Lettuce Wraps
22. Cream of Lettuce Soup
23. Cream of Lettuce Soup (Potage Creme De Laitue)
24. Cucumber and Lettuce Salad
25. German Lettuce Salad - this sounds good
26. Grilled Romaine Lettuce - this is different
27. Grilled Salmon Fillets in Lettuce with Mustard Sauce
28. Herbed Boston Lettuce and Cherry Tomato Salad
29. Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad
30. Iceberg Lettuce with Thousand Island Dressing
31. Joan's Lettuce Bread - never heard of lettuce bread before have you?
32. Layered Lettuce Salad
33. Lettuce and Potato Salad
34. Lettuce Blossom
35. Lettuce Burger with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce - If anyone tries this let me know, I can just imagine dh's face if I serve this to him!!
36. Lettuce Muffins - another one of those, I'm not sure recipes
37. Lettuce Roll-Ups
38. Low Carb, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Egg Salad
39. Minced/Ground Beef in Lettuce Leaves
40. Naturally Cheesy Layered Lettuce Bowl - this sounds good
41. Peas with Lettuce and Bacon
42. Red-Leaf Lettuce, Curly Endive, and Cashew Salad
43. Scrambled Egg Tortillas with Lettuce/Tomato/Avocado/Cilantro
44. Three Beans in Lettuce Parcels
45. Three Mustard Chicken Salad with Red and Green Lettuces
46. Wilted Lettuce
47. Ontario Garden Salad
48. Boston Bundle Salad - I would make this with a can of tuna
49. Southwest Caesar Salad with Grilled Steak
50. Oriental-Style Chicken, Veggie and Cashew Salad
51. Beetroot and Lambs Lettuce Salad - spinach could be an alternative to Lambs lettuce.
So there you go, I have to say there is a variety of Lettuce recipes there and a lot of good ones even I want to try.
Nutrition Facts (One cup raw leaf lettuce, chopped)
Dietary Fiber 1.3
Protein 1 gram
Carbohydrates 1.34 grams
Vitamin A 1456 IU
Vitamin C 13.44
Potassium 162.4 mg
Next week it's Spinach.