Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Looking for a quick last minute gift to make?

I have the solution, as this is so quick and easy to make:

Penuche Fudge

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup hard margarine
1/4 cup cream or milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups sifted icing sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional

Butter a small 5 or 6 inch square pan, or loaf pan.
In a 2-Q mixing bowl with handle, measure brown sugar and place
margarine on top. Microwave, uncovered, high for 2- 2.5 minutes. Whisk in cream until thoroughly combined. Microwave high, uncovered, 2-2.5 minutes. Add vanilla and beat with a wooden spoon 2 minutes.




Add sifted sugar and beat thoroughly until smooth. Add nuts if desired and pour into prepared pan. Cool before cutting into pieces.
Makes 1 lb of fudge, approx 16 pieces.



Oh and I thought I had better eat some just to double check it was good.........no really you don't need to thank me for having to do that, really..........LOL

I got the recipe from a thread on Frugal Shopper.

10 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

That sounds both quick and delicious. A great combination!

MikeH said...

Hi. Hope you're having a relaxing Christmas holiday and not spending too much time doing last-minute baking. As for my last-minute shopping, it's out the door, walk three blocks (mind the crossing, they drive like fools here) and nip into the Mall. For tasty treats you can't beat M&S; they have a whole range of goodies you can buy and then pass off as your own ;)

Lakeland Jo said...

my son would demolish the lot in one sitting

Twisted Fencepost said...

That looks sinfully rich and delicious.
Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Gill - That British Woman said...

thanks for popping by on such a busy day and commenting........I am busy baking (10am), didn't plan it out well and will be baking until early afternoon.........

Merry Christmas everyone, I will be posting daily through the holidays.

Gill

Arlette said...

Yum, the fudge looks delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe.
I would like to wish you and your family a healthy, happy, and safe holiday season.
Mele Kalikimaka and Hauoli Makahiki Hou!
Aloha!

George said...

I'll happily volunteer to 'sample' any of your baked goods. I'm sure they're all delicious but I know you would want to make sure!
Have a very Merry Christmas.

Janet said...

Your fudge sounds delish.

Have a very Happy Christmas, Gil.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Gill, That looks heavenly... Made my mouth water!!!!! I think I'll try that recipe sometime.

Merry Christmas.
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

I must try this. I hope you had a lovely one, with a bit of England tucked into the Canadian!

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...