Sunday, December 14, 2008

More getting to know you.............

Popped over to Lakeland Jo's blog and happened upon this:

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just change all the answers so that they apply to you. You are all tagged....it's Christmas after all and I don't want to leave anyone out!


1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? This year both, as I have a lot of gift bags I want to use up and a lot of wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial....can't be doing with the mess real trees make.

3. When do you put up the tree? Generally by the first weekend of December.

4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day, I know crazy. All the decorations come down and I give the living room a good clean also that day.........I don't touch alcohol, so I am never hung over.................gosh it must be good to be so perfect eh!!! (I'm joking!!!)

5. Do you like eggnog? Nope, can't stand the stuff.

6. Favourite gift received as a child? I have no idea...

7. Hardest person to buy for? My mother and step-father in Britain.........

8. Easiest person to buy for? The kids....

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but its a Partylite Product and you put a tea candle in the back. I don't have it out though this year .


10. Mail or email Christmas cards. Mail


11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Probably cheap chocolate, despite the fact I tell everyone I am particular about what I will eat.

12. Favourite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

13. When do you start shopping? Boxing Day, seriously I do.........I get a pile of stuff during the Boxing Week sales......

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes...........is that bad? I don't think so.

15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Quality Street candy

16. Lights on the tree? 800

17. Favourite Christmas song? Merry Christmas From the Family, sung by the Dixie Chicks

18, Travel at Christmas or stay home? At home, with snow on the ground.......which being in Canada happens nearly 100% of the time. I can't remember ever having a white Christmas when we lived in England?

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? I think so....but don't test me!!!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? This year its a star, but I do have an angel as well.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Stressing about the fact that will people actually like what I have bought...........stupid or what?

23. Favourite ornament theme or color? Gold

24. Favourite for Christmas dinner? Other than the turkey my bread sauce, it is so good!!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Digital photo frame, gift cards for anywhere, and like Lakeland Jo, world peace etc!!!!

You know that was fun doing that, looking forward to reading everyone elses responses!!

7 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

OK Gill you got me - will get on to it! Your answers make it look like a bit of fun anyway. Are you going to share your bread sauce recipe with us - please?

A x

MikeH said...

Gill, thanks for visiting my blog; glad you liked it. As for your Christmas Meme, I think I'll pass, but on Number 1, what happened to "Newspaper" - that's what I use. The property section and Page 3 of The Sun make very colorful wrapping paper.

Lakeland Jo said...

thanks for the mention and thanks for doing the list. I enjoyed reading it.
I know what you mean about cheap chocolate. A neighbour of ours used to get teenager cheap chocolate praline truffles- and he was three years old at the time!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I want the bread sauce recipe too, glad it not just me who hates egg nog.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I will be posting my bread sauce and stuffing recipes on Thursday of this week..........

Gill

CannedAm said...

alrighty....I'm gonna do it...it'll be on my blog shortly :)

Evelyn said...

I don't blog so will post here
1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? usually wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or Artificial? mom does artificial, I prefer real

3. When do you put up the tree? .

4. When do you take the tree down? 5. Do you like eggnog? yes
6. Favourite gift received as a child? barbies or dolls

7. Hardest person to buy for? hubby
8. Easiest person to buy for? The kids....

9. Do you have a nativity scene? not yet

10. Mail or email Christmas cards. Mail


11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?clothes i can't stand

12. Favourite Christmas Movie? charlie Browns christmas

13. When do you start shopping? first of December
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes...........is that bad? I don't think so.

15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? all of it!

16. Lights on the tree?

17. Favourite Christmas song? O holy Night

18, Travel at Christmas or stay home? travel to my parents
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? for sure!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? one on christmas eve for the kids, rest christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? all the emphasize on buying
23. Favourite ornament theme or color? those old bubble lights

24. Favourite for Christmas dinner? all of it
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? peace in the family and happy family with what they got

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...