Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Our Little Princess......

well she was 3 in January and so grown up for her age.  She loves her little brother and is a great help to her mum.  Her favourite colour is pink and then says Our Little Munchkin's favourite colour is purple.........whether Our Little Munchkin has said that is another thing...LOL  She should be a lawyer when she grows up, as she can argue the hind legs off a horse!!  Love her to bits though........just try not to argue with her...LOL  Again don't have a current photo, but will take one next week when I see her.  Like her brother I made her an apron, love this fabric and you will see more of it over the coming days.

Actually this is Our Little Munchkins apron, but Our Little Princess' is the same, I just made the binding to match on hers though.  The link for the pattern is on yesterday's post.

I also decided to make her a bunny bag, from the March issue of Pretty Patches magazine.  The fabric I used was leftovers from Our Little Munchkin's original nursery things.
 I personally found this bag a bit long, and if I made it again I would change up a few things.
 I followed the pattern to the letter.
I made a matching pink change purse to go with it for her.

See Archie The Alien, you will see my version of it, in another post  I am really enjoying Pretty Patches magazine.  I buy it in Chapters and it is a British magazine and quite expensive though at $13.99, but lots of neat things in it.  I am still using my gift cards I got for my birthday to buy them.

Is there a magazine you buy every month?

7 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

I like the bag. I just want long handles to throw it over my shoulder! Great work!

mamasmercantile said...

What a great bag, love the applique rabbit. I have a subscription that my daughter bought me for my birthday Homemaker. We call it the gift that keeps on giving...

Anne in the kitchen said...

Cute! Your grands are lucky to have you and your skills!

William Kendall said...

That is neat work, Gill.

Betsy said...

Love the bag. I know your grandchildren will enjoy all of the sweet gifts you're making them. I bought some magazines through our grand children's school fundraiser but must admit, I usually don't read many of them. It was more about supporting the school.
Blessings,
Betsy

Jackie said...

Very nice work. I love the bag and I think you are right, a bit shorter would have been perfect.

God bless.

Rose said...

I love the bunny bag....I didn't not notice how tall it was till you mentioned it. But once you said that, I thought it would have been better to end it at the bottom of the bunny. Apron is so cute.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...