Monday, February 15, 2016

"THE LIST"

My list is getting a bit smaller I am pleased to say:

   decorate the powder room - that is totally doable, so I see no problem doing that (will be starting on that on Tuesday)  DONE
  • decorate the master bedroom - that is iffy, that job may go into March - no progress here - still the same
  • menu plan - that was only partly done in January, so need to work on that - did it last week - failed this past week
  • finish knitted baby blanket for dd, we should know the sex of the baby by this upcoming weekend - we hope - nearly done  DONE
  • finish two baby quilts.  One is cut out the other is not - one finished, other not started need to order some more material. - MATERIAL ARRIVED, DO NOT LIKE IT...BOO...WILL USE IT FOR SOMETHING ELSE....SO NEED SOME MORE MATERIAL
  • encourage dh and help him in the basement to get all the framing done and make a good start on the electrics.  There are a lot of bulk heads to make in the basement which equals a lot of work. - done a little more - SON CAME OVER AND THEY GOT A BIT MORE DONE
  • sort out the basement and see what we don't want and try and sell those unwanted items. - haven't started - NO PROGRESS
  • knit a pair of socks - this is proving to be a pain in the butt and I think it has something to do with the yarn I have? - need a new plan of action here - KNITTING ANOTHER BLANKET INSTEAD
  • cut back on grocery spending and use what is in the cupboards - menu planning will help with this - work in progress - JUST THE SAME WORK IN PROGRESS
  • try and save as much money as I can and not buy anything online all month. - so far so good, but I do need to order material; however I have the money put aside for that - BOUGHT THE MATERIAL AS PLANNED.......BOOKOUTLET HAS A SALE ON AND THAT IS CALLING MY NAME AGAIN..........THERE ARE SOME BOOKS I REALLY, REALLY WANT...........
  • sort out my blue air miles card, as I want to be able to cash in for groceries not just goods. - done!
  • 17 comments:

    Jackie said...

    I see that progress is being made. You are a brave one to want to knit a pair of socks. I am holding off on that one, and have been for a number of years.

    God bless.

    Jane said...

    I'm up to crocheting a scarf now after my first few efforts at dishcloths - gradually getting better at it. I so understand the lure of books - my local Goodwill Bookstore had a half-price sale on Saturday - unfortunately the weather was too bad and the roads too messy to go!

    Betsy said...

    Wow! You're making great progress on your lists. A great easy, peasy sock pattern is from the Yarn Harlot, Stephanie Pearl-McFee. It's a basic, basic sock "recipe" but so simple and comfortable to wear. It's in her "Knitting Rules!" book.

    Blessings,
    Betsy

    Anne in the kitchen said...

    Progress is a wonderful thing! Well done!

    Maria said...

    Great progress there! Such a shame that the fabric wasn't nice when you got to see it in 'real life'!

    William Kendall said...

    Many would understand the books angle!

    Rose said...

    You are going great, I think!

    angela said...

    Well done. Baby steps I say. With every day you get a little closer to getting it all done.

    Elizabeth said...

    Don't usually comment but the "books I really, really want" got me. There's just always one more book that looks too good to pass up, isn't there?

    Winifred said...

    Great progress there Gill.

    Now knitting socks & I don't get along. I absolutely hate knitting them. Just not worth the effort when you can buy them so cheaply at M&S. I know they're not wool but they're lovely & warm, I only wear thick socks for bed.

    Out My window said...

    Look at you turning into me. are you nuts?:)

    Shelley said...

    Hoping all is well - miss your posts - they're usually so upbeat!

    Unknown said...

    Crossing things off a to do list is the best feeling! xx

    Jenn Jilks said...

    It's good to put a list in print, methinks.

    inquisitive1ady said...

    Delurking to say missing you and hope all is well, I enjoy your blog even if you post once a week :-)

    Anonymous said...

    Happy Easter, Gill - hope all is well!

    Wisewebwoman said...

    I love lists and your menu posting on blackboard,I'm trying to get into that myself as I lose track. Great idea.

    Bathroom is delish. Love the colours.

    XO
    WWW

    {{{SIGH}}}

    Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...