Thursday, October 2, 2014

Out shopping with DD and Our Little Munchkin.........

Went  to Yorkdale on Wednesday for a few hours of retail therapy.  Always good for the soul I think, don't you?  We had a good look around and I got a couple more Christmas gifts and saw a few things that I loved.

Both dd and our Little Munchkin are sick with a head cold.  Our Little Munchkin has been having three one hour + naps a day for the past week, plus sleeping twelve hours on a night, so she has to be sick.  When I met up with them at around 9:45 am she hadn't had a sleep despite being tired.  She didn't fall asleep until 12:15 pm and then only for half an hour.  She is too bloody nosy for her own good and has never been one to sleep in her stroller.  Regardless though you have to love her and of course she had to have a selfie taken with her Nana:
While I was pushing her in the stroller she kept saying "mama," so I kept saying no not "mama, " it's NANA.  Didn't want to know though!!!!

One store I rather like is Crate and Barrel.  They have the best tea towels ever there and not too badly priced at $6.96 CDN each.  So I bought a couple as Christmas gifts and one for myself:
The brightly coloured one is for dd and the weights and measure one is for me, the middle one is for someone else.  The weights and measure one will make a fantastic stocking stuffer if you're near the store:
I also fell in love with this gorgeous light fixture:
The only problem is it can only take a 60 watt bulb.  I have more light coming off my nose end!!
Did see this one in Pottery Barn, but as dd said it was too big for our dining room:
Finally, just because here is another photo of our Little Munchkin:
How are you all doing with your Christmas Shopping?

5 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Sounds like you had fun shopping and your well into your Christmas shopping. Hope the Munchkin is feeling a whole lot better soon!

William Kendall said...

The munchkin looks cute!

Shouldn't Christmas shopping start on the 23rd of December?

Rose said...

Well, the Munchkin is adorable as ever...I am barely started on Christmas. but at least I have started.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I have started shopping - on the internet -- and it was all delivered yesterday -- on the one day it decided to rain, we weren't at home and the stuff sat on the porch which isn't well covered. Fortunately nothing was damaged but how's that for luck?

Leiani said...

Hi Gill, love the photo of you and your adorable granddaughter.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...