Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hot and Humid...........

so of course I am hibernating.  The older I get the worse I feel in this weather.  My poor head has been pounding so fingers crossed it will break and rain soon just to clear the air.

I picked up a parcel from the Post Office on Tuesday.  I had ordered some books from Book Outlet  They had emailed me a $10 off code when you spend $30 so I thought I'd take advantage of it.  I ended up getting these books for a tiny bit over $30 and that included tax and shipping.  It is cheaper to buy a book than a magazine and I know I can get $1.50 at the used book store for them when I have done reading them.  Have you read any of these books?  I have started on Knit, Purl, Die by Anne Canadeo.  I love reading books that involve knitting despite the fact I can't knit for toffee.

 This is the two girls' toy basket.  Our little Princess also knows where to go to get books on the shelf as she loves to be read too.  Our little Munchkin isn't really into it yet. I have to read more to her as she does have a lot of books at home.

Do you like the colour of our hardwood floor?  Gosh it is a pain to keep clean and marks so easily.  I make everyone take off their shoes when they come in the house; which actually is something that is typically done anyway in Canada.  However I can't afford to have folk walk in the house with dirty shoes that may scratch the floor.  I brush and dry swiffer it nearly everyday.  The marble border to the left of the border is part of the fireplace.

Oh, and finally we got our first gas bill for the house.  It was around $85 and that included $25 new account admin fee, that we had no choice but the pay.  We only use the gas to heat the water during the summer.  As we don't have a bill to compare it with, is that pretty normal usage or is yours higher or lower?  Remember without the fee it would have only been $60.

8 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Good book buys. I think that I have some of those Anne Canadeo books on my kindle. Enjoy!

crafty cat corner said...

I was wondering what the marble edge was to the floor,
Briony
x

Evelyn said...

great deal on the books! haven't read any of them. i o love your floors. I wish everyone would take their shoes off in my house as I am a barefoot kindof gal.

Anonymous said...

Babies and books = good mix!

I have a dark floor too and also have to keep shoes and boots off it in case anyone has bits of gravel embedded in the soles! It would never survive a dog with scratchy nails.

William Kendall said...

I can't stand the humidity either. I do like that hardwood floor!

Rose said...

The hardwood floor looks beautiful...with the bit I can see.

We only use the gas to heat water, and ours $25 last month...there are the two of us, and then Lo was here at least 5 days of that time I think. I do do a lot of laundry, but we take showers for the most part, except Lo gets baths. That was for 31 days.

EG CameraGirl said...

I can't remember how much we paid last month for gas but I'm sure it was way more than $60. Our bills are an average of a guesstimate, so it's pretty much the same every month.

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

I do not think I will ever get dark flooring again. Dreadful with the dogs. However I only ask people to take off their shoes as for the gravel driveway will scratch already more then it has in a couple of spots. I loved the golden oak we had much better in our previous home.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...