Friday, June 20, 2014

Honestly, I should have just gone back to bed...........

It was one of those days when I walked two steps forward and then one step back.  I had a list a mile long of what I wanted to do but barely got anything done all day.  I was in a grumpy mood all day and that mood affected everything I did.

One of the things that put me in a bad mood, was back in March we put down a deposit a central vacuum system to be picked up in June.  We were at the Toronto Home Show and saw a display for Beam Central Vacuum systems.  There were a number a guys at this stand and the guy we dealt with asked us for $100 cash deposit.  To cut a long annoying story short I ended up calling Beam Canada today and they no longer have an affiliation with this guy and his company; thankfully they will honour (eat up) our deposit and get a local dealer to sell us a system for the remainder of the amount.

So I am waiting for an email for them to see when we can pick up the system.

We kept getting interrupted this morning, so that put me behind.  On the plus side we went to the lawyers office to sign everything for the new house and to pick up our cheque.  On the downside, once I had allocated the money to what we owed for what, there was very little left :0(

The drapery situation in our bedroom is giving me a headache, I hope to make headway on that over the weekend, but am not holding my breath with it all.

I think overall we are tired and for me especially it is catching up with me.  Poor dh is back at work on Monday.  I did tell him to take an extra week off but he won't.  He has three weeks off in September, so fingers crossed he will be okay until then.

Mind you in the scheme of things we have nothing to complain about as we have a roof over our heads, unlike a lot of people 15 minutes away from us who got caught up in the tornado the other night, see more about it here.  Then a poor person was killed and another seriously injured in the town  overnight by a driver who was charged with impaired driving and leaving the scene of an accident.  More on that tragic story here.

Finally on a happier note our little Munchkin turned 7 months this past Monday.  Here is this months photo:
Then on Thursday she graduated from the Starfish level of swimming.  She will have to wait until she is a year old though to take the duck level!!
And yes she is turning blonder!

6 comments:

William Kendall said...

The Munchkin's looking adorable!

Evelyn said...

sweet! i am glad they honoured the deal on the vacumm.

Fran said...

She is so beautiful. Moving house is so stressful, you will feel better when it is all done :) x

Jane said...

Thank heaven that there is good to balance out the bad. Look for the positive side of things and you'll always find it - that little Munchkin will ALWAYS put a smile on your face :)

Lannie Good said...

I'm getting caught up on your blog, was surprised to see you moved. I moved also in the opposite way..from a town in Ontario to 35 acres in Prince Edward Island..into an old farmhouse which we gutted. How lovely for you, everything is brand new, your house looks wonderful. We are dealing with crooked walls and floors but like you I'm learning to use all new appliances..but I'm technically challenged!Love your new dining room suite. We are moving in end of this month, house isn't finished inside so will be living with drywall dust all summer..Best of luck in your new adventure..gorgeous granddaughter.. Lannie Good

Rose said...

Oh, she is so cute....Lorelei would love her. She is good to little babies and is done wondering when she will have her own babies....

I get in a bad mood just thinking about what happened with you and the central vac system, but so good that the company is going to give you credit for the money already spent.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...