Monday, August 19, 2013

Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Cookies

First let me say these are a bar not a cookie, but if you want a quick to make treat that doesn't require you  putting the oven on in this heat this is the way to go.

Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Cookies

1  Cup corn syrup (for other countries I am guessing golden syrup)
1 Cup Sugar (white)
1 Cup Peanut Butter, either smooth or crunchy
6 Cups Rice Krispies
6 oz chocolate chips
6 oz butterscotch chips ( I subbed chocolate for the butterscotch)

In a large pot cook corn syrup and sugar until mixture comes to a boil, stirring frequently.  Remove from heat and add peanut butter.  (OR if you're me, put first three ingredients in a pot and bring to boil)

Stir well and then mix in Rice Krispies.  Press into a buttered 9" x 13" pan.

Melt chocolate chips, in my case I use a double boiler, then spread melted chips over cereal mixture.

Pop in refrigerator for 15 minutes and then cut and eat!!!

As I said before it's a bar not a cookie.  If you like peanut butter and chocolate this is for you.  Not as chewy as a regular rice krispie bar, but really good and sweet.  I also only had 4 cups of rice krispies, so I reduced all the ingredients to accommodate that and put my bars in an 8" x 8" pan.

5 comments:

Fishcake_random said...

Peanut butter is my achilles heel.
I think I could survive just about anything if I still had a pot in the cupboard!
Will be trying the recipes out very soon. Thanks hun
x x x

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

Looks delicious and frugal! Will definitely be trying this out!

Kaisievic said...

Yum! TraderVic would love these!

Piece by Piece said...

Thanks for your comment re Zentangle. I had never heard of it before either, seen it on the web though.
I had nothing to do on Sunday, so though it would be nice to spend two hours at a winery. LOL
I did really enjoy doing this, another time waster.
Could not access your last post re police.
Patricia

Anonymous said...

It looks yummy and love peanut butter. I bookmarked and will try as soon as I get all the ingredients.
Aimee from Craftmates

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...