Friday, August 2, 2013

Look what arrived on Thursday:

That is three bush cords of wood, that was cut last winter by Hwy 11 by Webers Burgers, not that you are interested in that unless you live in the area or go to cottage country a lot?  We got them for the same people we always get them from and they were $290 a bush cord.  By the way never stopped and had a burgers there.
Now that we have the island back I could clear off the kitchen table.  Before:
After, gosh that's a lot tidier.

This week's "Home of the Week," is okay and for $700,000 a bargain thinking of prior weeks when they have been in the millions.  I think it is staged wrong though as it's confusing.  I am not sure if its a modern home wanting to look older or an older home with modern touches?  The kitchen although bright is much too white for me.  I mean who on earth will keep that clean?  I actually liked what they did in the basement and that felt more warmer and homely than upstairs felt.  As always I'll pass!

This week's "Cottage of the Week," is a stunner but with a $1.45 million price tag is unreachable for most people.  The views though as just stunning.  You don't even have to leave the living room to appreciate the views.  I would love it if I could afford it..........

The "Condo of the Week," although very nice it's still $900,000.  It has smashing views, but was that the Gardiner Expressway I view from one shot?  One of the comments does mention a lot of traffic and construction in that area.  I'll pass on the purple mirror in the powder room.  Granted it makes a statement, but it does seem out of place in the unit.  I'll pass on this condo, but have seen a lot worse than this one.

Posted another book review here.

9 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Yeah wood for the fire winter will be here before we know it we are still trying to hay in the rain and then we have to go cut our wood. Fun fun. Have a nice long weekend Gill. B

Jane and Chris said...

Our wood hasn't arrived yet. We've ordered four bush cords at $310 per cord. We still have lots of wood left from our ten bush cords two years ago,but we like to keep topped up.
Jane x

Sandi McBride said...

I understand the Vicarage where Charles and Camilla held their tryst is up for sell as well...I think I want that one...don't know if I have the spare 750,000 pounds or not...let me look...well no, I am a bit shy of it...glad you got your wood!
Sandi

Pam in IL said...

We cut and split out own firewood and I've never hear a value of a bush cord. No wonder my hubby insists we do our own cutting and splitting of all the firewood. Our main heat source in the winter is our woodstove and we go through 3-4 bush cords per winter. We probably have 4-5 bush cords already split and stacked and TONS more to do.

Karen said...

We have this winters wood in hand. Half in the basement wood room and half in the shed waiting to come in. None the less, we took a walk in the woods today to see what trees were down and waiting to be hauled out to the landing. It seems every year there are more blown down waiting for us to clean them up. Nature provides.
I don't want to think what it would cost to heat this place. As it is we buy slabs (for kindling and September morning quick burns) at $60 a load. Cool August mornings we work at getting it cut and stacked in the porch leading to the basement walk out.

Em Parkinson said...

I'm always happy when we have a wood delivery!

angela said...

We are in the last month of our winter and our wood pile is looking low indeed. I love it when autumn comes and our wood is split and ready for the cold months ahead, it like money in the bank.

angela said...

We are in the last month of our winter and our wood pile is looking low indeed. I love it when autumn comes and our wood is split and ready for the cold months ahead, it like money in the bank.

anexactinglife said...

That looks like nice dry wood. You'll have a time stacking it!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...