Tuesday, November 20, 2012

What a glorious day Monday was..........

I spent most of it outside doing odds and ends and taking advantage of the lovely weather.  We have two huge Willow trees and they are messy trees, so I spent a lot of the day cleaning up the fallen branches and leaves from them.  I even pulled weeds out of a couple of the flower beds.  I plan on doing more weeding today as well.  For those of you who don't live in the snow belt in Canada, the orange fence is a snow fence. It's to help stop the snow drifting onto the driveway.  We have another 50 feet on the opposite side of the driveway and we need to put up another 50 feet at the beginning of the driveway when we can find posts on sale.


I took this photo at around 4pm on Monday afternoon.  Thought it was neat to see the moon in the sky while it was daylight.  I was looking south, south east when I took this.
I took this at 4pm as well, but was looking in the south, west direction.  Isn't it surprising how different the sky looks?



15 comments:

bonsaimum said...

It looks so peaceful where you live. :)

Tania said...

Well that's a funny coincidence, I took a photo of the moon in the blue sky yesterday, it was close to sundown though :)

We are having it hot here at the moment with 40C (104F) today...

x

Joolz said...

We had a hot day here today with hot northerly winds, thunder clouds and lots of lightening but only a spit of rain. Many bush fires broke out in South Australia as some parts of the state had temps as high as 40 degrees Celsius! Its a terrible start to our summer with fires so early in the season.
Crazy that you are putting up snow fences and we are battling bush fires!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Beautiful here in Ontario right now but I am aware that snow fence will get some use before we know it:) B

Jane and Chris said...

You said the S word!!!!!
Jane x

simplicityinthemaking said...

It was a fantastic day and today is looking really good as well.To think I rushed to get all the fall chores done, when i could have waited till now. Weird isn't it. We had a real warm spell in March and now in November.

Anonymous said...

At the end of your driveway near the snow fence, you have a beautiful pine tree, maybe a fraser pine. Do you decorate it with lights for Christmas? It really has a nice shape. Bess

Cheapchick said...

Great pics, especially the last one!

Karine said...

I love that photo of the moon! We don't seem to bother with snow fences in Montreal, or at least not in the city. I think it's becauase most people have snow clearance companies so they don't care if the snow drifts into the driveway, either that or their drives are so short that putting the fence up is more bother than just taking a snow blower to the drifts!

Lena said...

How pretty! We have a willow tree on our front yard, and it is messy but beautiful!

Evelyn said...

I have toyed with the idea of a snow fence but the posts are so expensive!

Clippy Mat said...

Snow fences? You make me feel so lazy. it's all I can do to even THINK about shoveling a short driveway this winter.
:D

angela said...

I've never here of a snow fence before. Sounds like a great idea. Your place looks very peaceful the snow will make it look magical

Rose said...

I bet the snow fence is a pain to put up, but that you couldn't make it without it.

beagleAnnie said...

Hi Gill,
Both skies look beautiful!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...