Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I did NOT have a good day on Monday....

Dh put the blade on the brush cutter for me, so I tried it out and this is what happened to me:




I caught the blade on something and something flew up from it, cutting my arm, there is a hole in my arm now.  I was lucky it didn't hit the vein where the butchers nurses draw blood from.  It's sore {SIGH}.  That bloody brush cutter is dangerous, I think I need to wear full body armour next time.  So I obviously gave up on that job!

I managed to wreck the blades on lawn tractor by running over a stone, so as you can guess dh is just thrilled about that {{SIGH}}!

I made steak for supper on Saturday night.  I am not a fan of steak and have a terrible time chewing it for some reason?  Anyhow, I have ended up with chronic toothache in the back tooth next to the one I had out.......{{{SIGH}}}  I refuse to have the tooth out, as that will mean I will have no back teeth on my right side of my mouth and I will have to start and eat flipping pureed baby food next..........give me strength.....

I called to make an appointment for my feet to get my orthotics.  They are going to cost $460 {{{{SIGH}}}} I did ask if they were gold plated at that price!  Oh and the earliest appointment I could get is for the 25th of May, so I guess I'll keep wearing my crocs.

I also called Sears on Monday to schedule an appointment for my yearly maintenance on the fridge.  I only have it done, as I get a free filter for the water dispenser.  Anyhow, they are coming on Wednesday between 8am until 8pm.  I asked them if they could narrow it down, but no they couldn't.  I told them I would be in the garden all day, so the guy would have to look for me, as I wasn't sitting in the house all day waiting for him.  It took me nearly 20 minutes to sort this out, they are painfully slow {{{{{SIGH}}}}}

So all in all I will be glad to see the back of Monday!


I am thinking of joining the circus this week in my column at the Eden Valley Messenger, just in case you're interested.......

12 comments:

Tracey said...

If I were you I'd stay in bed for a week! What is a bloody brush cutter in English? LOL. xxx

Cathy said...

My goodness Gill, it must have made a big hole in the long sleeve of your shirt to do that to your arm - you did wear long sleeves, long trousers and covered in shoes didn't you? It does look very painful tho'
Do you have health insurance that covers dentistry and orthotics?

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Gill, first word, OUCH!!! I'm glad you're "okay" and it wasn't any worse than it was!!!

Second, you may know I'm a hygienist, so I'll give you a little unsolicited advice and say that your tooth may be okay. Sometimes people bite down on things like steak, bagels, etc., and just injure the ligament that holds the tooth in. Take motrin and continue to be careful chewing on that side (or avoid it) and hopefully it'll be okay. But as you know, if you have ongoing pain, keeping you up at night, getting worse, etc., then it might not be okay...sorry...

I hope you and the lawn tractor will be okay!!!

Stella Jones said...

Oh dear, poor you! I have days like that sometimes. Horrible, aren't they!!! I do hope today is better for you but I wouldn't risk too much. Your bad luck may continue for a few days yet. Be sure and leave a few doors open in the house so the fairies can get out. It could be one of them who is tangling up your life!
You look familiar to me. I wonder if we have ever met? What part of England do you come from?
Blessings, Star

Decadent Housewife said...

O my. So glad you weren't worse hurt - it only takes an instant with machines. Take a rainy day with a book or quilt patches - take care Gill.

Kim said...

Wow sorry to hear about your arm...hope it is better soon.

About the steak - what type do you usually buy? My son hates to eat chewy meat - I buy striploins (a tad pricer than some) but it is nice and tender. No frills often has them in vaccuum packs at a good price and they are not too fatty either - if you buy some steaks that are ultra lean, they are also ultra tough unless you marinate them.

And about the orthotics...ask if they will remake them if the 1st ones don't fit correctly. I once paid $100 for a shoe insert and it wasn't made right - it made my foot hurt more and that was that, too bad - they didn't care - I could have bought another for another 100 bucks!

MyBulletinBoard said...

Did you put some iodine on that?

I think you should quit having so much fun. Starting to worry about you!!!

Liz, The Republic

Chicken Boys said...

Hmmm...and it was Monday on top of all that! I hate Mondays. In fact, I don't care for Tuesday thru Friday, either.
~Randy

John Going Gently said...

a brush cutter....

is that a gardener with an attitude?

nasty cut! get a dressing on it !
xx

Piece by Piece said...

Ouch, Gill, I hope you are wearing safety glasses when using your brush cutter.
Patricia

Karine said...

Oh Gill, that's horrible! I'm sorry you had such a bad time on Monday. I hope your arm is feeling better and luckilly dh was able to fix the tractor.

Anonymous said...

Lot of ouch lately! Hope your luck will turn. I feel for both your arm (close to the vein, indeed!) and your tooth.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...