Monday, January 12, 2009

A super lady with a huge heart......

That is Carol from Scrappy Quilts I have known Carol for a couple of years now, she is one of my Internet Friends. Why I am talking about Carol, is that she does something that makes you proud to know her.

She makes Quilts for young moms and their children in the Reservations in Northern Canada. Here is a little piece she wrote about her quilts:

A little about the quilts:
-each quilt is prayed over as I work on it, praying for the little one who will receive it and their family.
-most of the quilts are baby quilts, however I have sent single quilts. One went to a little boy who was in and out of the hospital all the time. It felt so good to know he had a quilt to cuddle up to.
-the quilts are made in a simple pattern. In that way I can make more, get them finished faster and sent out quicker.
-I have a wonderful friend who has often sent me material to use in these quilts. Thanks Heather, you are indeed a gift to me.
-the quilts often travel by boat or air
-I take a day to cut squares so that when I have a few mins. in my day, I can quickly sew up a few squares. It makes it so much easier that way.


She has posted a lot of photos of her quilts on her blog and they are beautiful. If you have time pop by her blog and leave her some comments. Also if you have any spare material that you would care to donate get in touch with her through her blog. She is such a kind and thoughtful person, who wouldn't dream of asking anyone for anything. I have to say some of her other ideas are also really neat.

Carol does know I am doing this post as I did ask her permission first.

7 comments:

Niki said...

how wonderful! I'll look through my stash and see what I can send. I have a teeny stash compared to almost all quilters, but there's got to be some stuff that can go in there!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Good Morning Gill, I am not a quilter--but I love them. I actually have several and love them all. One was my mother's quilt and that is very special. I'm not talented in that way--but I sure am in awe of others who are...
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

Your friend Carol is in fact a super lady. What a wonderful project she has undertaken.

Lib said...

Hi Gill,
What a Lovely Lady!
Have a great day!
Blessins',Lib

Marina said...

I'll visit your friend soon! Thanks for visiting my skywatch post and sorry I responded so late!

Scrappy quilter said...

Awe Gill, you are so sweet. Thanks for doing this. It is so appreciated.

Carol

Anonymous said...

A very good reason to learn to quilt! Now if only I was chosen for the remote island...

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...