Monday, February 24, 2014

Signs that Spring is on the doorstep.

Had to get the hand held vac to hoover up cluster flies, as there was more than the usual couple out.

I can see something outside that isn't white; it's a dirty looking colour......yep, that could be bare ground.

There are buds on the maple trees.

The lights don't need to be turned on until nearly 6pm.

HOWEVER....with the amount of snow we do have, we have bets on that it will be May before the final snow melts and our driveway is now shot ice all the way down........that is so an accident waiting to happen for me!!


6 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

Since I broke my arm,I'm actually afraid of the ice.Still heaps of snow here,and snowing again today.
Jane x

Piece by Piece said...

I can see some grass where the snow blower has removed the snow near the front path, and the snow banks are shrinking. Some local residents have reported seen some Robins, so Spring must be just around the corner.
Daylight saving time starts on March 9th. which is also a good sign.
Patricia

Jane said...

I can't see any signs of spring yet - I must not be looking in the right places!

William Kendall said...

The only sign I've noticed were park benches that are starting to show less snow than last week.

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

I can't see any signs either, but sometimes I think I can feel it!

Rose said...

Almost all our snow is gone...still have a big pile where the snow was pushed from our parking but I can live with that.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...