Saturday, February 1, 2014

No whining today I promise!!

I am one of these people who can never figure who a baby looks like.  I never see any resemblance between so and so.  I was no different with Miss Nora, until I got a photo of her the other day.  On the left is a photo of dd when she was probably 4 or 5 months old.  I remember holding her up underneath her dress.  Dd went through three hair colours, she was dark when she was born, then went red, then went and still is blonde.  Miss Nora is at the red stage at the moment.  Do you think mother and daughter look alike?

On Thursday we had to go into the Pandora store as dd had to exchange something.  This was the light fixture in the middle of the store.  It's from Denmark and was bloody awful.  It looked as though it was covered in cobwebs, or packing material.  Even the guys that unpacked it from the box, thought that was a packing cover on it.  Dd got this ring from there.  It is gorgeous, even I like it!
 A friend's son and daughter-in-law are having a little boy this week.  He will be at least five weeks early and isn't 100%.  Now I am not sure what exactly wrong or how ill he may or may not be, but regardless I wanted to get something for the little man.  This is my bill for what I bought.
 This is what I got for just over $10.  Isn't that crazy?  There are three body suits all for babies up to 7 lbs, and three sleeper type outfits.  Plus I got another two sleeper type outfits at Carter's and a pair of shoes for Miss Nora and spent well under $20 there.  So all in all the little man will have five sleepers and 3 bodysuits, all in new born and 0-3 month sizes.  Did find though it's not as much fun shopping for little boys as it is for girls.

So there you go no whining today, hope that keeps everyone happy!!  Thanks for all your comments yesterday.  It was fun reading everyone's comments.

14 comments:

angela said...

Oh he's she does look like her mum, your a greqt bargain hunter well done

Boopnut said...

Told ya, babies cheer us up! Miss Nora definitely looks like dd! You did us proud with your shopping trip! Woo hoo!

crafty cat corner said...

I don't have any babies to cater for anymore, all mine are grown or growing up but I used to love knitting baby stuff. Yes, your baby looks like your daughter, very much.
As for the whining, don't worry about it, I'm sure a lot of bloggers feel the same but always tend to write happy, happy. Maybe we should all be a bit more honest and come clean when we are blue, then we wouldn't read others and think the world is all rosy. lol
Briony
x

Evelyn said...

she does look like her mom! I have two boys and yes it isn't as much fun dressing them up but that is fine, clothes aren't everything!

Jane and Chris said...

I've always thought that Miss Nora looks like her Nanna.
Jane x

Gill - That British Woman said...

Oh Jane, don't say that.......poor girl!!!

William Kendall said...

Hopefully things work out okay for the impending arrival...

I think there's probably a mix in Miss Nora.

Piece by Piece said...

Nora is looking like her Mum.
You got some great buys, I agree it's not as much fun shopping for little boys.
Patricia

Karen said...

Well she sure looks like her Mummy as a baby anyway. My eldest daughter didn't look ANYTHING like me until she hit about 40. Now we look amazingly alike! I resembled my mother a lot from about 30-40, now I am identical to my PATERNAL grandmother. Genetics are something aren't they!

Rose said...

It'd certainly make me happy to get that many things for that amount of money...no wonder there's no whining.

Want to hear some whining--we had a hard rain all morn till just a bit ago...and now there are huge puddles everywhere. Still some piles of snow. But I guess that is better than drought, right? Right!

Anonymous said...

I do see the resemblance. You got great deals on the baby clothes.
I enjoyed your blog post re the fainting goats. They are fun!

Anonymous said...

I would say there's a great family resemblance between you, your daugher and little Nora, especially the baby noses. So cunning.. Bess

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

Woah - they are IDENTICAL! That is awesome. I hope your friend's little boy gets well soon. I am sure the presents you bought will be gratefully received too x

fizzycat said...

I can see a resemblance, indeed.
Answering the question on the futurelearn courses, yes the one I did had people on it from all over the world so have a go and apply if you see a course you like!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...