Saturday, February 22, 2014

Oops......

Are driveway is a thick layer of ice with snow packed on top of it.  On Friday we had a bit of a thaw which made a HUGE mess of the driveway, as all it did was make is slushy with a big layer of ice underneath it.  Suffice to say I got stuck half way up the driveway when coming back from grocery shopping {SIGH}
So after putting some ashes down and getting out our trusty snow blower I was able to get up the driveway.  Dh had no problem getting up the driveway in his truck.

We went out later and the wind was howling but the sky looked lovely.
The wind has howled overnight and is still blowing a gale this morning.  The temperature has dropped to way below freezing, so now we have a great big ice skating rink out side {{SIGH}}

We're off out to the GTA Home Show today; looking forward to it!!

Have a great Saturday, what are you up too?

9 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

Yesterday was a mess.Even in four wheel I slipped and skidded all over the drive.We are using up our ice melter today,just to get up the steps.
Back to winter today.
Jane x

Bev said...

I can't ever imagine so much snow, I'm from South Yorkshire UK and just want the weather to warm up a little then I can sit and stitch outside not in!!! x

Rose said...

What a mess that looks! WE had temps in the 60's day before yesterday and almost all our snow is gone! Even sat outside and had coffee. It is chilly today, and supposed to get back colder, but don't think to the real cold.

Piece by Piece said...

Some of the snow in my area melted over the past 48 hours, however, with the colder temps in the forecast, what is left will be awhile before is reduced to water.
What am I doing today? Laundry this a.m. I take advantage of the lower hydro rate. (I was going to write LOW, then.....well,
it's still high in my opinion).
This evening I am going to a Wine & Cheese party with friends, only women allowed. It is put on by a Catholic Woman's League, and if it any like some of the past performances, it could get a bit raunchy.
Enjoy your day at the home show.
Patricia

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the treacherous conditions. Hope you have a good time at the home show. Mildred

Susan said...

Hello from another Brit, living on the west coast. We have recently gone through the moving process. It feels a bit voyeuristic to read your accounts from the comfort and safety of being a few months ahead. We haven't bought new but there are many decisions to be made. The carpet has to go! I'll be following.

William Kendall said...

That's the drawback of a thaw this time of year. Sooner or later it'll freeze up, and it'll be a mess.

I hope you're enjoying the show! It's been years since I've been to something like that.

bonsaimum said...

I know the snow is a pain, but it looks so lovely. :)

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

I hat this time of year. Be careful out there and keep warm!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...