Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The saga of the Smart Phone continues........

I came in from blowing out the driveway {SIGH} and bringing in the firewood {{SIGH}} and heard what I thought was my cell phone ringing.  However thought that was very puzzling as it wasn't my usual ring tone?  Looked at my phone and it was a snooze alarm and it wouldn't bloody well stop???  So my first question to myself was who set an alarm and how do I switch it off?  After a few minutes, I figured where the alarm was; in where the clock thingy is.  Turns out on further investigation that the alarm has been set to go off at 8:30 am Monday through Friday and 9 am on the weekends.  Again, who set this bloody alarm???

I figure out how to delete the "programmed" alarm thingys, but for the life of my couldn't figure out how to stop the alarm ringing?  By now I am getting a tad irritated as the ringing is getting on my nerves.  So in the end I switched off the phone then turned it back on again.  I have interrogated number one suspect our dear darling son and he swears up and down he didn't set it last time he was here.  So it is a mystery how an alarm was set in my phone??? 

Once again this is another reason why I shouldn't own a phone that is smarter than me!

Today is the agents open house.  I have to run a number of errands so will not be about for it.  I just hope we have a lot of agents turning up to have a look and want to bring clients!!

Edited to add: We have two viewings later on today, quite surprised by that..........hope something comes of it.

7 comments:

Rose said...

Sitting here with tears in my eyes from laughing...I can so see a cartoon with a phone that comes to life...and does things on its own to irritate the owner. I wish I could draw!

T'Pol said...

It must be frustrating for you but the way you wrote this made me start my day with a smile. Thank you! Have fun discovering more about your smart phone....

angela said...

Lol. You have to put a pin code on it so only you can get into it. But it would of been funny

Anonymous said...

Funny my mom threatened to run over the smart phone my son got her So off to Target my DD went today and got my mom another basic Net 10 prepay. Its not fancy but she can see the numbers and she stops accidentally turning on data she doesn't want.

I hate when machines are smarter than us!

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't keep up with all the fancy gadgets that even four-year olds can figure out. ;))

William Kendall said...

When in doubt, bury the smartphone under six feet of cement.

In regards to a good time to see the national capital, I'd advise May for the tulip festival.

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

Lol!!! You are so funny!!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...