Sunday, February 23, 2014

Lots of photos from the home show

We went to the GTA Home Show at the International Centre in Mississauga on Saturday.  I ordered the tickets online, so saved $3 per ticket.  The tickets cost $12 each instead of the $15 each.  In our humble opinion if we had paid $10 for the pair of tickets that would have been more than enough!! Yes it was that bad.  The one highlight of the show was we were given free tickets for the home show downtown Toronto in March. Fingers crossed that show is better.

The vendors were few and far between and mostly of no interest to us.  We walked through the show and did talk to a few vendors in under two hours.  This is the first home show that we have not had to line up to walk through the model home, and this was just before lunch time.  Normally the line ups are horrendous.  The model home though left a lot to be desired and there was probably as many representatives for the companies featured in the home as there were visitors going through it.

I did take a few photos though.  There was an area called Tablescapes- A Feast for the Eyes.  You can read more about it here.

It was the light fixture that caught my attention here.  This was designed by EQ3

It was the manikin that caught my attention here.  It was rather creepy!!

This blue and white display was by Bombay and was a lovely design.


Below is Kate from Kate's Garden; she is showing me a hanging display
Below is a bed I fell in love with, shame they only have it in grey.  It's from a company from Casalife in Toronto.
The photo below is of  a custom built in unit with an electric fire and a tv that raised up and down.  It was lovely and only cost $11,000!!!!  We decided to pass!
I spotted this from across the aisle!!!  Yes it's a bath tub.
It was sold though; yes someone actually bought it and paid $5,000.  Don't worry if it's something that you really have to have they have another one, as remember you have to buy shoes in pairs!!!  Here is their website.
Napoleon was there and I really liked these gas fires for outside.  Their factory is just north of Barrie, so close to us; sort of.

On the way out I spotted this bed and thought it was pretty stylish.
We did manage to find one water softener person in the whole show and they did give us some information.  Had wanted to see some tile booths; none to be seen; also hoped to see some lighting booths, again none.  Oh well due to us getting the free tickets we'll check out the show in March and see what we can find there.

8 comments:

Aodhnait said...

That shoe bath made me gasp......and not in a good way!!!

Andi's English Attic said...

I agree that manikin is weird. What were they going for, do you think? Amish hat, plunging neckline on a Miss Haversham-type dress. Very weird. xx

Jane and Chris said...

Love to know who bought that bath,and what their house looks like!!
Jane x

Jane said...

I kinda got stuck at the shoebath photo! Who on earth would buy such a thing?? Someone with a big house and no taste I guess...

William Kendall said...

That mannequin is, decidedly, very bizarre!

It's been years since I've been to one of those shows. I think it was at the same location.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I would be afraid that I couldn't get out of that tub if I ever got in! I have never been to a home show -- I am afraid to go because I would want to buy everything!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I would be afraid that I couldn't get out of that tub if I ever got in! I have never been to a home show -- I am afraid to go because I wo

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

I love the hanging garden display! I would feel like a princess in that tub, not sure it would go with the rest of our run down place though!!!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...