Sunday, February 2, 2014

I don't think so............

The white bits on the photo is snow..........that's nice!!!  Went to town to run a couple of errands and saw this on the Alliston Home Hardware sign.  Didn't know whether to laugh or cry truth be told???

We were super busy on Saturday getting things tidied up around the house.  I have finished the varnishing on the new baseboard thank goodness, as the whole house stinks of varnish.  My mam suggested putting some cut lemons in the room to see if that would tone down the smell; that does not work.  

Posted some more stuff on Kijiji.  I don't know why I bother as there are some strange and unusual people on there.  I have put up a Bose surround sound for $100.  One of the replies was "Would you take $50?"  My reply, "NO!!"  Haven't heard back from them!  
Oh well it could be worse I guess?

All I really need to do is give the place a good clean through and I think we are ready for the photos.  Waiting for Sarah to get back from her vacation and then she can tell me what we still need to do.

Got the kids coming for a turkey dinner today, as I had a small turkey in the freezer.  Granddad will get plenty of cuddles with his favourite little girl that's for sure!!

13 comments:

Jean said...

I have set out bowls of vinegar to absorb the smell when painting -- hope that helps.

Enjoy that grandbaby

Debby said...

Burrr!!! You are a brave lady I would be sitting by a fire day in and day out. Enjoy those babies today.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you meant one of his two favourite girls, LOL!

Debbie said...

Turkey is great and a family favorite here.

Jane and Chris said...

I've heard that an onion cut in half works..but wouldn't it be as bad as the varnish?
Jane x

Boopnut said...

You are being ambitious! Spring WILL come...(I hope).
Deb

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

Spring is coming! I am certain of it :)

Rose said...

I hope you take plenty of photos while they are there. If you are like me, sometimes it is almost impossible to take the time to take photos cause of cooking and dishes and all that you have to do.

Then other times, I can take quite a few.

William Kendall said...

The hardware store is being optimistic!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I don't think spring is coming either. It was 70F on Saturday and feezing, ice and snow on Sunday. No wonder the flu has gotten such a hold on us here in North Texas. Stay warm and I hope the vanish odor goes away soon. I hate the smell of any sort of paint.

DeniseinVA said...

I have just had a lovely time catching up on your blogs. Loved the pictures of cute little Miss Nora below and of your daughter. Strong resemblance there. I think I would be down with continuous snow like that. Hope you get your thaw soon.

p.s traveling through NC right now and using my IPad to keep in touch. This is the reason I didn't comment on each blog post. The road is quite bumpy and it is a challenge to find the correct keys, but it is whiling the miles away.

Jane said...

So much to do isn't there is preparing to sell your house! I redid the caulking on my bathtub on the weekend - it looks so nice and fresh - next up will be to clean the grout :) The fun never ends!

Sunny said...

I have heard open boxes of baking soda might help with the smell.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...