Monday, April 5, 2010

Double trouble.......

I was sitting at the computer and was distrubed by such a noise; it was these two squirrels talking to one another.
This one wasn't happy that the other one had appeared.


This one wanted to join in eating the bird seed.
Molly was totally and utterly transfixed by them both.

Finally the one on the fence left, and peace reigned once again, with the squirrel eating all the bird seed and Molly watching it!


The other day we had six turkeys wander through the front garden on their way to roost for the night in the woods.  You will only see five in the photo, as one hen bird was just out of the shot.  There were five hen birds and one male.
(click on the photo to enlarge it)

He must be a busy boy and a bird with tons of patience, having to keep five females happy!!!

Did you remember to put your money in your Daily Saving's Pot today?

Today's Money Saving Tip:

Grass clippings contain 80 to 85 percent water and decompose quickly when left on the lawn. The clippings also help keep moisture in the soil longer, reducing the need for frequent watering (saving both water and money)


Up to 25 percent of a lawn's total fertilizer needs can be met if grass cuttings are left on the lawn. The clippings slowly release essential nutrients—nitrogen, potassium, phosphorus, and minor elements — slowly so the lawn is continuously being fertilized. Well-fertilized lawns need less water.

Average lawn mowing time can be reduced by 30 percent when grass cuttings are not bagged.

14 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Great pictures of your visitors Gill, what a treat to see turkeys in your yard!! I have also been forgetting to tell you that I love your view too!!

Shammickite said...

Gobble gobble gobble!
I've seen wild turkey from a distance but never up close.

Prairie Farmstead Ponderings said...

Isn't it fun to watch the critters' protocol? Heehee! And, you just have to wonder what is going on through Molly's mind. She's just too cute!

Karine said...

lol that first squirrel really did looked ticked off!

You're lucky to have wild turkeys at your place, I've never seen one! I have see partridges though, there were plenty of them on PEI when we went.

Scrappy quilter said...

Great pictures. Oooh I hope you get to see the baby turkies once they are born. They are so cute when they are little!! Hugs

DeniseinVA said...

Super shots Gill, and I love the one of Molly looking so longingly out the window. It's very entertaining to watch all the activity outside at this time of year. I guess it is Spring!

bubble said...

lovely pictures...they are so cute. we have a couple at the bottom of the garden but they dont come close enough for a picture! xxx

Lib said...

Lovely Post Gill!
I Love to watch wild turkeys!
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Blessins',Lib

Stephanie V said...

I was going to tell you how I found you but I can't remember - one of those senior moments. I've added myself to your following.
I love your squirrel photos. You've captured their antics very well...I can almost hear them chattering. We have a gray and a black squirrel resident in our back yard. They do like to pick up the seeds that the finches fling about.

John Going Gently said...

your abilty to take good photos is enviable!

Beth said...

Those squirrels are saucy, greedy – but cute - little critters, aren’t they?
Not sure I’d want to get too close to those turkeys, though.
Your dog is precious – what a sweet face!

(thanks for the visit)

EG CameraGirl said...

We had a turkey in our backyard on Saturday. Just in time for Easter! But he got away before I could shoot him...with my camera. There must be tons of turkeys out there if we are both seeing them in our yards!

Catherine said...

That's a good tip about the grass cuttings. And we never see turkeys here only in the butchers at Christmas!
I left a reply to your comment on my knitting post over at my blog, in case you don't get notifications! I am following your blog now, and welcome if you'd like to follow mine!
Catherine

Johnny Nutcase said...

Molly is super cute! and so are the squirrels, great shots! They can be so loud and chatty, can't they? Cute stuff :)

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...