Wednesday, March 3, 2010

This week's column and other "stuff"

This week's column is here This week it's school time memories, I hope you have a couple of minutes to have a quick read, and as always if you have time leave a comment, or better still, forward it onto your friends to read.  I appreciate that you take the time to read my column, and say a big thank you to each and every one of you for doing that.

If you have a couple more minutes to spare and want to figure out where your ideal vacation destination would be click on this link and take the quiz.  As per my answers, I am a Beach Bum.........sitting on the beach is not my idea of a holiday, although the suggestion to go to Costa Rica would be a place I would go, as I have heard it is lovely.

Made another Dump Cake, this time with peaches and raspberries, really good, though sweet....


Tuesday was one of those days when I was busy all day but didn't seem to achieve anything. 

I am going to have some good news to share with you in the next few days so stay tuned!!!

Did you remember to put your money in your Daily Savings Pot today?

Today's Money Saving Tip:

Combine your cable, internet and telephone service. Companies now offer combined services that not only cost less, but offer the convenience of a single bill.

10 comments:

Tracey said...

Read and commented on your column, brill as usual....also did the quiz and I'm also a beach bum (I can't stand sitting on a beach!)
Did I say how much I love your header? Well I do! xxx

MyBulletinBoard said...

Peaches and raspberries! What a scrumptious combination. I'll have to try that one. Thanks.

Liz, in the Republic

Karine said...

That cake looks absolutelu scrumptious!!!

I took that quizz and I'm a beach bum too!!! But actually, if I had to chose between Costa Rica and someplace in Europe, it would be a really, really tough choice.

I'm looking forward to your good news!

BadPenny said...

Hi Gill, yes I think I commented a few days ago - I adore your new header with lovely Molly !

Dillon was soooo naughty the other day, but I can't stay cross with him for too long as he's such a clown.

People have a good laugh seeing him up on the trampoline but it's when he is on there with my son that the real fun starts !

Take care, Penny

Wendy said...

I love the dump cakes!

And an even bigger money saving tip would be to cancel the cable completely. I'm currently trying to get the entire family on board with that one. I might get my man to agree to it now that he's watched Canada beat the US in hockey. (He's originally from BC.)

Chicken Boys said...

I tried that vacation quiz. It called me a snow bunny, but that's not true. Some of the questions I would choose none of the answers. That trip to Costa Rica sounds marvelous, though. Peaches and raspberries! OMG! My mouth is watering!
~Randy

DeniseinVA said...

I enjoyed this post and your article Gill, and that cake recipe looks delicious. Apparently by the quiz I should head for San Paolo, Brazil.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Peaces and raspberries sound great together and I'm sure a perfect taste of spring at the end of winter!!

I keep forgetting to tell you that I really like your header of Molly! I hope she's doing well!

Mary said...

That dump cake looks really good! I read your column and enjoy hearing about other people's school experiences.

Prairie Farmstead Ponderings said...

I love Molly's glamor shot! She's just too cute.

The peach and raspberry combination sounds divine.

Oh, the suspense! It's killing me! What's the good news?!

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...