Saturday, March 27, 2010

Busy, busy day, and Earth Hour......

Friday was a super busy day.  The day went by so fast, in fact the whole week has gone by fast.  There just doesn't seem like there are enough hours in the day at the moment.  Still it's better to be busy than sitting there twiddling your thumbs right?

The workmen worked until 2pm on Friday and will not be back again until Tuesday, as they don't work on weekends, and I have an appointment on Monday morning.  So fingers crossed they will be finished on Tuesday and I can start and decorate our bedroom, as I am not loving sleeping in a double bed with dh.  It's too squished and for someone who is permanently having hot flashes that isn't a good thing!

Then on Friday afternoon I attended the church advisory meeting, as I was going to present my recipe book fundraising idea.  I am pleased to say that we are going ahead with it which is hardly surprising as I am doing the majority of the work.  However I am dreading the next meeting we have to have as getting everyone to agree on something is bloody hard work.  I mean it's painful; I couldn't believe how much they hummed and haa-ed over every slight detail on another lady's project.

So all I got them to decide on today, was would like like me to do this and could they supply me with recipes.  We still have to figure out the graphics, the colour, the type of font, the dividers, the title, and the forward for this process.  I think I will need to take a valium before that meeting, as when God was handing out patience I was either in the shopping or eating chocolate line, and you need the patience of a saint with some of those ladies.

Infact when I started to talk about the church having a website, one lady got up and walked out without saying a thing???  When the reverend was thanking me for my presentation I mentioned I think I had upset this lady, but he said she was grumpy today anyhow!!!

Don't forget today at 8:30pm it's Earth Hour, for more information on it, please click on this link  Will you participate?

Did you remember to put money in your Daily Saving's Pot?  We are getting close to the end of the month.

Today's Money Saving Tip:
If you have fluorescent lights, don't turn them off when leaving a room if you will be gone for 15 minutes or less. It costs more to turn a fluorescent light off and on again than keeping it running for this period. This will also help make the light last longer since turning fluorescent lights off and on wears out their tube.

Tip from this site

My goal for Sunday afternoon, is to catch up on everyone's blogs, as again I haven't had a chance to do that yet.

9 comments:

Tracey said...

I haven't got an ounce of patience & would have blown a gasket with those miserable women! (Tip...)In our menopausal state it's better to sleep in a different room let alone a bigger or different bed! In fact the way I'm feeling right now a different county would be good...xxx

MyBulletinBoard said...

Oh, Gill. Advisory meetings! Bless you. Just take a box of chocolates with you next time. Everyone who is nice gets one. The grumpies will always be a mystery. Maybe they need more chocolate, too. At least they couldn't talk and chew at the same time.

Liz, Republic of Texas

Leiani said...

Earth Hour is staring in an hour here, we should be finished with a late dinner by then, and ready to light the candles and relax and talk. Unfortunately it's raining this evening so we can't go for a walk like we did last year. Good luck with your recipe book fundraiser, what a great idea! Leiani xx

Hadriana's Treasures said...

Award for you over at mine!

Karine said...

Oh Gill, I know all about finicky women, I work with them all the time building pilgrimages. I was lucky in the patience department though, I've got so much of it it's unreal (except right before my period...), I consider it a true blessing.

As for Earth Hour, I always do it and this year it's going to be particularly easy since I'm not going to be home for it, I'm working tonight!!! I'm hoping they're going to turn out the exterior lightning at the Oratory for it though.

Piece by Piece said...

These woman you are dealing with I presume are older than you and set in their ways, and like some younger blood coming in with new ideas. Patience is something that I have a lot of, I suggest the chocolates also.
Patricia

Clippy Mat said...

I agree with LizBeth. take them all a bunch of chocolates and when they've got their gobs full of soft centres is when you do all the talking and they can only nod and smile.
what IS it with some people eh?
good Luck with THAT lol
;-)

willow and moo said...

Gill, I have to admit I have have lots of understanding and sympathy nowadays for those undergoing home renos. Good on you for painting. I'd consider painting here, but it's just so hard with the kids and painting at night doesn't yield very good results, and night is when I have more time to do things.

DeniseinVA said...

I remember those kind of meetings from my navy days. Hard to keep everyone happy. Good luck! ;)

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...