Monday, March 29, 2010

Recipe and other stuff........

I made a new to me recipe today, infact I sort of made it up myself.

Strawberry and Mango Crisp.

Ingredients:

1lb strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 or 2 mangoes, peeled and chopped
4 tbsp flour
4 tbsp sugar

Topping:

1/2 cup flour (all purpose/plain)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup marg
1 cup rolled oats

Method:

Toss the fruit in the 4 tbsp of flour and sugar and pop in dish.

For the topping, mix the flour, sugar and rolled oats together, rub in the marg until mixed in.  Place on top of the fruit.

Bake in a 375 oF oven for 40 minutes, until topping is golden brown.  Serve with icecream or cream.  It's good!!!!




Now you know I am not one for bad language, but when I saw this over at Tracey's I knew right away I could relate to this:

I saw this dress on the online store at Roots and thought it was nice........not big enough sizing though for me.

I have started inputting recipes for the church cookbook, and I can see me trying a few!!  So no doubt you will be benefiting from this!!!

Did you remember to put your money in your Daily Savings Pot today?  We are nearly at the end of month three!!!!

Today's Money Saving Tip:

Let your laundry dry outside. If you have the ability to hang up laundry outside, let the sun and warm summer breeze do the drying for you. Even if you can’t hang up clothes outside, try using your dryer on a lower heat setting or only partially drying your shirts and letting them air dry the rest of the way.

11 comments:

Tracey said...

Why don't they make dresses in 'proper' sizes??? eg. L XL XXL XXXL XXXXXXXXXXL!!!!!
Isn't your cup measuring method better than our ounces! xxx

Kathy said...

Cute dress. A few years ago I would have looked stunning in something like that, I'm sure. Oh, well, life goe on, doesn't it.

I also loved the Lord grant me plaque. I copied it to send it to all those people who are on my list to give them fair warning!

Kitchen Gadgets Freak said...

I really like this recipe. It looks very nice to eat and very easy to make (I am a bit of a lazy cook :-). A great combination in my book. The strawberries and mango goes very well together. I am just imagining the taste. Oh, you really got me hungry!

QuiltedSimple said...

That looks yummy! good luck with the church cookbook!
kirs

Leiani said...

Mmmm... I may have to give this a go. I'm sure my family will love it!

MyBulletinBoard said...

The serenity prayer must have been written by somebody who has been to one too many advisory council meetings -- without chocolate. Really.

As for the Julie dress, I'll buy IF they throw in a new pair of knees for nothing.

Liz, Republic of Texas

Scrappy quilter said...

That dessert looks so yummie!! hugs

John Going Gently said...

will give it a go tomorrow!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What a great receipe and very timely for me--A co-worker has a birthday next week and she loves strawberries and Mango's--I guess I'll be volunteering to make the birthday goodie now! THANKS GILL!! :-)

DeniseinVA said...

Two of my favorite fruits are strawberries and mango. I am adding this recipe to my list. Nice dress too and I think I have heard the prayer before but it always makes me chuckle.

Karine said...

One word on that recipe: YUM!!! As for the saying, it's hilarious :o)

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...