Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Couple more jobs crossed off the to do list......

Well first of all the workmen never turned up on Monday.  Personally I think the store forgot about us, but they used the excuse that some of the guys had come down with the stomach flu.  Anyhow, they will be putting up the drywall/plaster board on Tuesday.  Then someone else is coming in on Thursday, Friday and maybe Saturday (?) to do the taping and sanding.


Regardless, the sooner it is done the better, as me and dh are camping out in the spare bedroom, and sleeping in that bed, which is only a double bed.  We are used to a queen sized bed, and it's a bit squishy; and with me suffering from numerous hot flashes being squished together is not a good thing. 


I got a couple of sewing jobs done.  Including the black, white and red block of the month.  I have to say this block pattern is my favourite so far and pretty easy to do.





I also got the net curtain sewn for the closet and dh got the shelves put up in there.  I will have photos of that tomorrow.  Plus dh got permission to take some old breeze/cinder blocks to work to dispose of; so we loaded the truck up with them on Monday afternoon, saving us dumping fees.


I am so glad I moderate all my comments, as I have been hit with all sorts of "spam" posts these last few days.  I have no idea where they are coming from but it is a pain.  I'm just thankful that I can moderate them and reject them, so you guys don't have to deal with the rubbish that is written.

Did you remember to put your money in your Daily Savings Pot today?

Today's Money Saving Tip:


Visit your home improvement store like Lowe's or Home Depot. They offer free programs that teach you the skills you need to fix up your home. If there isn't a class someone will explain in detail the how to of fix up.

11 comments:

Karine said...

It sounds like you're pretty busy too!You and dh are pretty amazing do-it-yourselfers, I'm so not...my Sweetheart is though, he loves building stuff himself!

Your quilting block is lovely, I love the contrast between the red and white :o)

MyBulletinBoard said...

Your black, white, and red is gorgeous. Think that is my favorite one too, so far.

Liz, Republic of Texas

Piece by Piece said...

This block is also my favorite one so far., I love the colours.

Patricia

Lib said...

Your quilting is Beautiful!
Happy SPring!
Hope all the work goes well. We have a bit left to do and we're finished for ever I hope.lol
Blessins',Lib

Jo said...

the quilt block looks great, I like the grey swirly fabric.
don't mention workmen, we've have the decent homes external work which started on 15th feb, it still has another two weeks to go!
Josie x

Unknown said...

I DO hope the workman have shown up!

The quilt block is well done!

Romi Jade said...

That's a gorgeous quilt, I love the black, white and red!

mommanator said...

do you ever rest?

DeniseinVA said...

Good luck in getting your job finished off. Lovely header photo, such a gorgeous sky and your quilting is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Well your article helped me altogether much in my college assignment. Hats off to you post, choice look progressive for more interdependent articles soon as its anecdote of my pet question to read.

Scrappy quilter said...

I love your block. And the colors are just awesome together. Great job!!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...