Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bits and bobs for Sunday.......

Friday the temperature hit around 18oC.  Saturday it was barely above freezing with the windchill.  What is going on with our weather?  We even had snow flurries on Saturday; it didn't stick but it was a reminder to everyone, that it is still only March.  I even had to put the fire on, thank goodness we still have plenty of wood left.

I first saw this video over on someone elses blog.........I apologise to that person as I have forgotten whose it was.......

Jamie Oliver's TED Prize wish: Teach every child about food, now it is over 21 minutes long, but it is an eye opener.  My only gripe with the whole thing, is Jamie cannot stand still and it's annoying. 



It's a short post today, as I honestly don't have much to say for myself, I know shocker!!

Did you remember to put your money in your Daily Savings Pot today?

Today's Money Saving Tip:


Pass on extended warranties. A $129 two year extension on a $300 product is just not worth it. Warranties are insurance, and we rarely need to insure such a small amount.

6 comments:

MyBulletinBoard said...

Glad I couldn't sleep tonight. It was supposed to get down to only 25 F tonight. Just checked the National weather service when I came to check your blog and discovered it was already in the teens. Laundry room was hovering at 32. Might be doing the wash in buckets inside, but I sure don't want to freeze my high price wringer!!! Turned the heat up fast. I'll check on Jaime's video "tomorrow" when I'm back on my own computer. Right now I'm hungry; want to eat food -- not teach anybody about it. LOL Hope you guys are warmer Sunday.

Liz, in the Republic

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

It's sure to warm up soon Gill, isn't it? Happy Springtime to you. A

Cathy said...

Hello Gill
I often think Spring seems to have more up and down/changeable weather than Autumn does. I know I am far more eager to turn the heating off than to turn it on
Cathy

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm with you: we had a fire on yesterday. It's a damp kind of cold!

Karine said...

Ah well, it's Spring! Barely above freezing is actually normal for this time of year, as are flurries! We just got incredibly spoiled over the last two weeks ;o) As long as there are no more storms I'll be happy!

Leiani said...

Hi Gill - weather here is dragging, we are very ready for the cooler temps. Yesterday was 32 and thunderstorms = hot and sticky. It's supposed to be autumn. Last night our minimum was 20, hotter than your maximum!!!!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...