Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Funny photos of Molly and the squirrel....

I don't know who is funnier, Molly or the Squirrel.  I let Molly out on the deck and a bit later on I popped my head out to see this.  The squirrel was talking up a storm, and it was either telling Molly off or laughing at her.


The squirrel is in the bird feeder by the way.

Molly at this point thought she could maybe get the squirrel?
Nope, but sitting like this is obviously comfy.......


Here the squirrel is up the tree, probably laughing at Molly for being such a silly doggy!
As the workmen were here again on Tuesday I made a couple of Lemon Loaves.  The original recipe was posted here, with step by step instructions.  A tip always make two, one for now and one for the freezer, may as well while you have the oven on, right?

Today is the last day of the month, how did you do with the Daily Savings Club?  Here are the instructions of what to do through the month of April.

Today's Money Saving Tip:

One of the best and cheapest ways to get plants that you know will do well in your area is to trade with nearby friends, relatives, and acquaintances. Many species, such as iris, daylily, and hosta, can (or even need to) be divided periodically, while you can collect seeds or start cuttings from others.

On Tuesday I managed to get the bedroom primed, so on Wednesday I am hoping to get two coats of paint on the ceiling and one coat on the walls, so it's going to be a busy day!!

11 comments:

MyBulletinBoard said...

Aren't you blessed to have such a fine watch dog?!?!. A diplomatic one, too. . . . . Thanks a million for the lemon bread recipe. Wish I had those pan liners. ComputerSon is a lemon freak.

Liz, Republic of Texas

Gilly said...

That lemon cake looks so yummy Gill - I will have to try that :)

Kathy said...

Well, of course the squirrel was in the bird feeder. Isn't that what bird feeders are for? To feed the squirrels?

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

GREAT pictures Gill!! THANKS for the grin to start my day!!

Ella said...

Too Cute Gill.....Loved the post and ELO playing in the background lol, haven't heard them since I was a teen !
Have a great day!
Blessings, Ella

QuiltedSimple said...

oh what great pictures. she is adorable.
kris

LHA said...

Molly is so delightful!

I also made some lemon loaves/cakes recently. Delicious!

FairfieldHouse said...

Gill,

It looks like Molly is performing tricks for that squirrel in hopes of getting a treat!

The cake looks tasty. I will have to add that to my recipe box.

I agree with you about the best way to fill your garden. I have so many flower beds and love giving plants that spread to others.

Have a blessed Easter!
Deborah

Scrappy quilter said...

Great pictures. We have a squirrel that teases Ginger all the time too. Funny!!

Karine said...

Another wonderful 'Molly and the squirrel' narrative, I love these :o)

DeniseinVA said...

Very cute photos of Molly and your squirrel. Thanks for the recipe. I love anything with lemon in it.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...