Thursday, March 25, 2010

A couple of British things and Molly.......

So I see we can now order clothes from Topshop to be delivered here in Canada and the States.  I remember as a teenager that was a cool place to shop and get the latest trends.  I used to love the loud music all the latest hits, those cool changing rooms, just the whole experience and it meant also we had to travel to the closest city Carlisle to shop there.

Fast forward 30 years and I hate that kind of fashion.  I hate loud music in the stores and the lighting is usually terrible.  Give me normal lighting, classic clothes; oh and soft quiet music any day!!  Must be getting old..........and I nearly forgot a comfy chair to sit on in case I am tired with strolling from the car to the store!

My brother sent me a photo of his toilet seat, very patriotic don't you think?  Anyhow I did a google search and happened upon this site make sure you look at the rubber ducks, they are just the cutest things out there.


Molly had a busy day guarding the property from the marauding squirrels again.  Here she is watching the tree.

Okay she has spotted him/her....


Close up of him/her......

Here's Molly worn out from all her activities.  Notice her paw touching her raw hide chew!!
Did you remember to put your money in your daily savings pot today?

Today's Money Saving Tip:
Pay cash. Leave the plastic at home and try using cash for a week. You’ll be amazed at the difference it makes in your spending. Here’s a hint—once your wallet is empty, your shopping is over for today.

13 comments:

Tracey said...

Your view is amazing....are your windows always so clean?!!!!xxx

Cathy said...

Oh Gill I looked at that online shop and nearly died when I saw that sporran/kilt/thong thingy that barely covered/nearly didn't cover his you know what. The hairy look is gross lol
We can get similar Aussie stuffover here - doesn't appeal to me tho'
I'm with you on the noise in some of the stores - get in and out quick or don't go in at all
Cathy

Unknown said...

oh I like that, once your wallet is empty your shopping is over for the day...I will remember that one, thanks

Anonymous said...

Love the toilet seat!! I posted something British today too!

I can not find the link to your newspaper site anywhere, can you send?

MyBulletinBoard said...

Guard duty must be awfully hard to take it out of poor Molly like that! Poor thing!!!

Liz, Republic of Texas

Danielle Brit abroad said...

LOL at the sporran/kilt - my hubby wanted to know what I was laughing at so loud, hehe.

Never much of a Top Shop fan but I wonder if Next will be nice and start doing US deliveries... I do miss my Next Directory deliveries!

LHA said...

You look like you have a beautiful house and garden, Gill. And thanks for that link to the flag site - crazy stuff on there! I love it!

Scrappy quilter said...

Great picture of the squirrel. I love your money saving tip for today. We've been doing that and find we don't spend near as much as we did when we took our debit card. Hugs

overtiredmum said...

I'm disappointed in Molly - no beagle worth their salt sleeps when there is rawhide to be chewed!

I think that it is possible to shop in Topshop for about a year. Before that you're too young and your mum won't let you. After that it just makes you feel old - or is that just me?

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Looks as though the squirrel was keeping an eye on Molly too! A x

Karine said...

Very good Molly Vs. Squirrels picture - aided narrative. I'm loving the toilet seat too!!!

Anonymous said...

regarding your tip... I now pay cash for pretty much everyhting but bills, gas and big purchases. I withdraw a certain amount of money for two weeks and stick to it. I spend much less than when I use debit!

Topshop used to be one of my favorite british shop when I was a teen. Haven't visited in a long time now..

Anonymous said...

Quirky and Oh so British

Love this site. I have posted something british today so nostalgic!

www.tombrownssatchelsoxford.com

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...