Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A few firsts this week..

Monday night was the first night since last Fall that we didn't have the fire on; and as I write this on Tuesday night, I haven't lit the fire.  Its been lovely through the day, though below freezing overnight, so of course the heating is still turned on, though not on as much.

Tuesday I got the laundry hung out on the line for the first time in 2010.  Granted it was only Molly's bedding but its a start.

For those of you who live in Canada, that smoke you saw in the sky on Tuesday night.............it was me barbquing......or in my case cremating the burgers for the first time in 2010.  So be prepared for smoke on a regular basis now!!!

Monday I started taking Molly out for a walk after supper.  Remember I am one of those fair weather dog walkers.  I only walk Molly when it's not too cold, not too hot, not wet, not humid, and on and on I go with excuses.  Luckily Molly has clicked this is not the most energetic of households when it comes to exercise!!

By the way I said a quick hello to the tread mill as I passed it the other day, poor thing is still hibernating, so I had best not disturb it for a few more months!

On Tuesday morning I saw a raccoon on the back deck, for the first time since we have moved here.  I knew there were raccoons about, I just haven't seen any up close and personal.

Did you remember to put your money in your Daily Savings Pot today?

Today's Money Saving Tip:

Buy compact fluorescent light bulbs and replace your most commonly used incandescent bulbs with these more energy efficient bulbs. Each bulb can save about $30 over the life of the bulb.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad things are warming up in Canada! We are finally experiencing Spring in England. :o)

LHA said...

It is so wonderful to see spring arriving!

MyBulletinBoard said...

I remember the story years ago in Reader's Digest about city people serving as isolated fire spotters over the summer in the national forests. The ranger service received a frantic call from one NYC gal. "Come quick! There's a huge fox outside my door!" They got there as fast as they could. It was a bear.

Are you sure it was a racoon?

Hey! we didn't have the heat on last night, either. Maybe it's a trend?

Liz, in the wild and wooly Republic

Clippy Mat said...

I wondered what those smoke signals were.
;-)

Chicken Boys said...

Some friends of mine used to live in Long Island, NY. They said they would barbecue right on thru the winter. Even with a couple of feet on the snow, they'd pull the grill right up to the patio door. They'd open the door, flip the burgers and close it back. A little too cold for me.
~Randy

Tracey said...

I'm coming to the next bbq! I'm used to eating burgers in the cold! xxx

Lib said...

Send wrm weather my way!
Have agreat wk.
Blessins'.Lib

Karine said...

My aunt and uncle here in Montreal started BBQing a few weeks ago and I can't wait for our first family BBQ. I have a craving for BBQed ribs...yum!

mommanator said...

my dau hung laundry to dry with snow still on the ground last week. today she did a bunch of it. She made the kids find their school uniforms which were missing! Yep up in their rooms, dont want to be around when she gives it to them tonight!

Cathy said...

Hello Lib
First for me - changed into PJs one night last week. Still warm days and nights here but that particular one it went down to 9c and I had to get up during the night add a blanket and change out of my nightie lol
Had even thought about turning the heater on earlier in the evening - would have been the first time for the year
Take care
Cathy

Anonymous said...

I saw a skunk for the first time, also hung the laundry outside and I'm enjoying the weather like everybody here!

It really felt like spring. Hope it's gonna last, I just bought a short skirt!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...