Saturday, September 12, 2026

Well let's try this again........

I'm back, feeling a whole lot better (fingers, toes and everything crossed!) and hoping to stay that way!!

Just felt all out of sorts that's for sure, but onwards and upwards as they say.

Yesterday was 9/11 and was watching a lot of things on tv about it.  Can't believe it's been 25 years already?  I was at work, when my boss's wife called and told us to turn on the tv.  It was horrific just watching what was happening.  I remember it clearly.  

There are certain days in our lives we will never forget.  I remember Elvis dying, I was living at home at Clifford Street (UK).  John Lennon being shot, I was at work in the hotel I was working at.  Princess Diana's funeral, I remember talking to my mam on the phone and us comparing notes and marveling at all the details; we were in Canada, she was in the UK.  The Queen dying, we were on our way to the airport to go to the UK.  The day of her funeral, we were having afternoon tea in the Lake District, with our two kids and my mother.  Even Dolly Parton, will be one I will remember, and many more.

Are there certain things that happened in history you will never forget?


No comments:

Well let's try this again........

I'm back, feeling a whole lot better (fingers, toes and everything crossed!) and hoping to stay that way!! Just felt all out of sorts th...