Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More deals and some ideas for stocking stuffers....

*****AN APOLOGY FOR NOT COMMENTING ON YOUR COMMENTS OR VISITING YOUR BLOGS, BEEN HAVING A COUPLE OF BUSY DAYS WITH RUNNING AROUND.......******

ALSO NOTHING TO REPORT ON RE: THE HOUSE, VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH IT ALL!


I went grocery shopping today and one of the places I went was the dreaded Wal-Mart. Now I will say I call it "the dreaded Wal-Mart" as the Wal-Mart near me employs employees who leave their common sense at home. Now as I had a few coupons and my Wal-Mart, just can't get their heads around coupons, I decided it was easier going to the Wal-Mart by my dad's and visit him and my step-mother while there.

Below is what I bought, and it cost me just over $17 for that little lot and I am going to get $20 back in Wal-Mart gift cards.



So how did I do that you ask. Well first of all, look at the Glade Candles, do you see a sticker on them that says $5? If you can find the Glade products with the $5 stickers on them, what that means is that if you mail in the UPC on them, plus the $5 sticker and your sales receipt, they will mail you a $5 Wal-Mart gift card back. The candles were $2.97 + taxes for each one, plus I had two buy on get one free coupons. There is a limit of 8 redemption's on this promotion. So if you buy 8 candles at $2.97 each that is going to cost you $23.76 + taxes in Ontario's case 13% = $26.85, + the cost of a stamp 55 cents for a total of $27.40, and you will get $40 back in Wal-Mart gift cards. You will also have 8 nice candles that would make ideal teachers gifts, stocking stuffer or a just because gift, or even just keep them for yourself.

Now the other deal on there is the Tylenol. Here is a link to a $3 off coupon. I bought the 24 packs of Tylenol at Wal-Mart for $3.37 a pack. You have to pay taxes on the whole $3.37 which is 44 cents, + the 37 cents after they have taken the coupon off, for a total of 81 cents a pack. If you can find them cheaper, then you get them cheaper. Now would be the time to stock up on this sort of thing. Here is a thread on Frugal Shopper with all sorts of other good deals and links to coupons for the Canadians. The $10 off Oil of Olay coupon is a good one to have!!

I got a box in the mail today and it contained this:



I got all of this as I am taking part in a Bzz Agent promotion for Fruits and Passion. I think this is a campaign for both Canada and the States, and have to say I was totally impressed with what I got in the box, which included $75 worth of gift certificates for the store. I also know Bzz Agent is in Britain as well, no idea though about Australia or other parts of the world. I have had some really neat things from them, and all you have to do is tell people about the products and write a couple of reports on the Bzz site to tell them what was said and how people reacted, how simple is that? I know I will be using some of my gift cards to buy a couple more presents for Christmas. I do know that you guys in the States get a lot more offers and often better than us in Canada.

Another way of getting stocking stuffer etc, is by joining Points and Prizes You have to find words and input them into the site, which in turn gives you more points, which you can cash in for prizes. I have just cashed in my points for a dvd, for someones stocking, and I cashed in before that for a book. I joined in May so it doesn't take too long to accumulate the points. This is just for the States and Canada. If you do decide to join send me a comment with your email address in it (I won't publish it), as I will give you some tips on where to find more words etc.

Another couple of things, create an account at the online Wal-Mart photo centre and you can get 50 free prints, see here . Also when you spend $50 on certain products see this link you will recive a $20 Wal-Mart gift card.

8 comments:

Ronda said...

Good morning my friend,
I have something for you over at my blog...~grin~.... that I really want you to come and pick up.
Love & Prayers,
Ronda

The Good Life in Virginia said...

good suggestions...
sorry to hear that the house is not selling.

QuiltedSimple said...

What great deals - I really need to start paying more attention:)
Kris

Lib said...

Hi Gill,
Wow what a deal! You're my kind of shopper!:o)
Have a great day!
Blessins',Lib

Janet said...

There should be an award for Bargain Hunter of the Year, you would win it hands down!

Well done, Gill. And thanks for all the tips.

mommanator said...

Wu Wu love those savings, I wish I could get into that more, but never have the patience or state of mind to do

Marla said...

You continue to amaze me with your thrifty habits. How do you find the time to do all of that??

Gill - That British Woman said...

thanks for all your comments.......

Gill

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...