Monday, October 5, 2026

A side trip to Ikea........

Last week hubby had an appointment to see the surgeon as a follow up.  Practically across the road is Ikea, so we went there first.

First thing we did was have a coffee and a muffin.  I am a family member so coffee is free when you scan your membership.  It's free and you earn points.  I have enough get $25 off my next purchase.  

I saw this on the sofa, and wondered what it was.
When reading the label, I had doubts on how stable it would be.  Plus I thought it was expensive for what it was.
When I saw this fall garland over this table I thought it looked really pretty.  It wasn't overly stable though.  Also you can't seat anyone at the end of the table, as that is where it's secured onto the table.

There was a few Christmas/Winter items out and about and I really did like this set up.
However, when you are having to pay $24 plus 13% tax for a tree and pot, it will soon add up in price to stage multiple like in their display.
One thing I do love from Ikea is their rubber gloves.  I always wear rubber gloves when washing up.  These ones last a long time and cost $2.99 a pair.  I picked up 4 pairs when I was there.
By the time we had, had a good look around, we figured we would have a bite to eat before we went to see the surgeon.  Again got the coffee for free, so ending up paying $9 for two egg salad sandwiches for us.  They were tasty and very fresh.
We are back at the surgeons again this week, so I am seeing another side trip to Ikea, as I want to see if the advent calendars are in stock, they thought they would be..........we'll see.


6 comments:

Barbara said...

I love ikea! It’s always an outing in itself. Yes … I agree about the garland over the table. The concept is great but reduces the seating.

Angela said...

As you say, some of their displays require multiple purchases, so the price adds up. Just treated ourselves to new bedside rugs from ikea, very pleased with them!

Jeanie said...

I think I might need that decorating rod. Like a hole in the head, probably, but I don't think I can resist! I do adore IKEA. I wish it was closer!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I miss trips to Ikea. We used to drive by one when one of our boys lived in Toronto and it was easy to pull in and have a wander.

Sandra said...

I have never been to Ikea. That supposed tray sure doesn't look like a tray.

Lowcarb team member said...

Always plenty to see at IKEA.

All the best Jan

Binge watched this on the weekend..............

Thoroughly enjoyed it, though it showed how some countries don't seem to want to play nice with one another, despite being on the same s...