Saturday, June 25, 2016

Let's see............

1. Been contemplating the results of the Brexit vote.  I know we don't live in Britain, but have to say this result will affect us all wherever we live.  For dh and I it will also affect us in our wallet.  We did not vote although we are dual citizens.  If I had of voted, I would have probably voted to leave.  However let's just leave it at that; don't want to get into any political arguments with anyone.

2. Still sick, but I will live...LOL  Our Little Munchkin has had a cold, so I'm blaming her...........despite what her mother says!!

3. The basement.......well nothing has been done since Wednesday.  Although I did take back my receipts to Home Depot, to "return" all the paint and then re-buy it with Saturday's date on it, so I could claim $80 in mail in rebates.  That will pay for another couple cans of paint..........oh wait the rebate will be here in 8 to 12 weeks........I have better be finished painting before then!  I am hoping to get more done down there this week.

4. Started putting together the Beekeeper's Quilt:
Have a long, long way to go, but do like the colours, so know I am going in the right direction.

5. Having another hot spell, not happy.  Being sick, being a certain age and having hot humid weather, equals one not happy bunny!!

6. Tomatoes are growing, so am happy about that; will be a couple of weeks though before they are ripe, can't wait.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.........

11 comments:

Betsy said...

It will be interesting to see what ends up happening around the world after the vote won't it? I imagine some will be good and some not so good. I hope you're feeling better very soon so you can get your projects done.
Blessings,
Betsy

Northern Living Allowance said...

Oh no! I hope you're feeling better soon. Nothing worse than feeling under the weather for a while. Very mixed here about the results - I'm disappointed, but it is what it is now.

I LOVE that beekeepers quilt! Beautiful colours - look forward to a photo when it's complete. xx

Kaisievic said...

Yes, very interesting about the Brexit vote - it may revive the Republic debate here, in Australia, who knows? Certainly interesting times. I hope that you get over your cold, soon, they are no fun at all.

mamasmercantile said...

Hope you feel better soon and manage to get some more done in the basement. Take care.

Jenn Jilks said...

Busy woman!
I'm not worried about the Brexit vote.
I have enough to worry about here! :-)

Aodhnait said...

I'm very worried about Brexit. There will be effect here in Ireland :-(

Jackie said...

I hope you feel better very soon.

The bee keepers knitted quilt is looking just great.

God bless.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Well, Brexit hit us squarely in the wallet with the deep dip in the stock market! However, we will survive. My daughter's in-laws who are British living in England, but visiting here at the moment, said they would have voted to leave but their second son and his wife voted to stay. A house divided, I would say. I know little of British politics and not a whole lot more about the issues faced there but I hope it all works out -- I am a bit partial to the UK. Sounds like a lot of the issues are the same as we are facing here in this next election. chaotic times for sure.

angela said...

Upheaval is always difficult. I don't see a future for the EU and I think the uk is the first of a few countries that will go. Don't understand how it will affect us in Australia but apparently it will. Love the beekeepers quilt. Feel better soon

William Kendall said...

Isn't that always the way with rebates? Takes forever to show up when it's long past convenient to have it.

Sunny said...

Hope you feel better soon. Love the colours of your Beekeeper's Quilt.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...