Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cast is off thank goodness......

the hand is sore though, as she had to take out ten stitches.  As they were were in my palm and wrist it was flipping painful.  I had to lay down afterwards, as I wasn't sure if I was going to faint or vomit.  Never had something like that happen to me before.......

Have to go back in a month to have them check my hand, and I have got the go ahead to have the other hand operated on any time from February onwards.  I just have to make the appointment next week.  I have not to lift anything over 10 lbs but otherwise I can do everything else,  including drive...YEAH!!!

I will post a photo tomorrow as I have a large bandaid/plaster over the incision for the rest of today.  I must say I am not thrilled with how it looks, and I hope it will look better in time.

By the way I will be telling her to not put in as many stitches next time, as that is very painful taking them out!  Oh and she was pleased with the flexibility I had with my hand, so it was a success.

6 comments:

magsmcc said...

Well persevered- bon courage!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you may have gone into 'shock'. It's very easy and it sneaks up on you. You aren't even aware that's it's happened to you. Laying down is the best thing.
Thank goodness it's over until next time. Hope you have a great Christmas now that's done and dusted. Maa

Karine said...

I didn't know having stitches taken out was painful, I've always heard the exact opposite! Maybe you were unlucky?

Stella Jones said...

Oh that's great news and I'm so glad you have the flexibility. Your hand looks just the same as mine did afterwards, except that I only had five stitches, not ten! I wore a crepe bandage with padding over the area for about six weeks afterwards, just for comfort. I suggest you do the same. You can get them in the pharmacy, just right for the job. You just have to cut out a hole for the thumb. It also helps to keep it clean because it is on the underside and therefore liable to pick up the dirt. I would advise using the stapler for a while too (hee hee) as if you would!
Another tip is to keep the skin well oiled with vaseline or something like it. That keeps the skin soft and prevents the scar from showing too much. My scars are only barely visible now!
Seriously glad it's over.
Blessings, Star

Laurie said...

I had both my wrists done as well and yes it will look better. You can hardly see my scars now. Keep the lotion to it so it doesn't dry out and if you feel a weird bump like I did don't freak like I did lol. It's where they cut the muscle and that too in time will be gone. Good luck!

The Witch said...

Glad you got the cast off. It must be nice to drive again but remember about not over doing yourself on the lifting.
The nest picture of your scar looks just like Hubby's did and his healed up nicely with just a faint trace of a scar. I don't think he used any cream but it has been over 10 years ago.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...