Thursday, October 16, 2008

ABC's of Homemaking.....


A ~Aprons--y/n If y, what does your fav. look like?
Once in a blue moon, and its a grey and white stripey one, a full body one.

B ~ Baking--Favorite thing to bake?
Cookies, cakes, actually anything!!!

C ~ Clothes line?
Always had a clothes line or whirly gig. I am one of very few people, if not the only one on our street with a whirly gig.

D ~ Donuts--Have you ever made them?
Never, why bother when we have Tim Horton's down the road!!

E ~ Everyday--One homemaking thing you do everyday?
I make my bed before I do everything else, also wash the dishes.

F ~ Freezer--Do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yes, I have a chest freezer, always have had one and its full!!

G ~ Garbage Disposer?
No, never had one, wouldn't know what to do with it.

H ~ Handbook--What is your favorite homemaking resource?
My mother's advise and instructions over the years.

I ~ Ironing--Love it or Hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
I don't actually mind ironing, its actually quite therapeutic.

J ~ Junk Drawer--y/n? Where is it?
No, I don't have a junk drawer. I remember we had one in our home growing up.

K ~ Kitchen--color and decorating scheme.
Pale coloured, builders standard cupboards, though we did add our own brushed nickle knobs onto them, The walls are a milky coffee colour with Burgundy blinds.

L ~ Love--what is your favorite part of homemaking?
Knowing that I have a clean and tidy home and if someone pops in the house is always welcoming for them.

M ~ Mop--y/n?
I mop, as I can't get on my knees anymore to wash it by hand.

N ~ Nylons, machine or hand wash?
I very rarely wear them, when I do I throw them in the washer, I am lazy!!

O ~ Oven--do you use the window or open the oven to check?
Cakes, wouldn't dream of it, otherwise I will take a peek.

P ~ Pizza--What do you put on yours?
I can tell you what I won't put on it - Pepperoni, I can't stand the stuff.

Q ~ Quiet--What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Read, or read my favourite blogs! :)

R ~ Recipe Card Box--y/n? What does it look like?
Yes, I use a recipe box. It looks like a house and I have had it a long time. I also have a Ziploc bag full of recipes as well, that so needs to be organized.

S ~ Style of house--What style is your house?
Two storey, five years old, your regular sub division house.

T ~Tablecloths or Place mats?
I have a small tablecloth on our kitchen table all the time. I remove it when we eat and we use place mats then.

U ~ Under the kitchen sink--organized or toxic wasteland?
Organized, and reasonably clean. I have a special cupboard where I keep all my cleaning things.

V ~ Vacuum--How many times per week?
At least 3 or 4 times per week, it all depends on what we have been doing.

W ~ Wash--How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
I do about 5 - 6 loads per week. There are only two of us in the house now.

X's--Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
It depends on how much I have to do that day, if I have a busy day, then I will do a list.

Y ~ Yard--y/n? Who does what?
I do it all, though dh will help me with any of the heavy work.

ZZZ's ~ what is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Putting the newspaper in the recycling and turning on the house alarm.

I saw this at, Niki's Rural Writings, who saw it at Pieces from Me, who saw it at Coffee Time At Home. Please play along on your blog!!! Let me know if you do, so I can visit.

7 comments:

Niki said...

thanks for playing, Gill, I enjoyed reading.
Blessings,
Niki

Lib said...

Hi GIll,
What a neat post! I enjoyed it very much!
Have a great day!
Blessins',Lib

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

I played along with you!!
Diane

The Southern Mom said...

You don't have a junk drawer? What kind of woman are you? HaHa! (Wish I didn't!)

Hill upon Hill said...

I have also played. I really enjoyed reading yours.

Sabra said...

Enjoyed reading this - and mentally gave my answers as I went along... I think I'll try to incorporate this into some sort of game when the entire family gets together in November. Answers will prove to be very interesting, no doubt!

cheshire wife said...

Amusing reading but some letters wont translate into UK English.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...