Monday, February 16, 2015

We're obsessed with this...

the weather!!!!  I guess when we woke up to the temperatures below on Sunday it is something to talk about:

 In the scheme of things we have nothing to complain about as the east coast is being hammered with one winter storm after another.

I did go out yesterday, but basically ran (brisk walk!!) from the car to the store, so was actually out in the cold for a minute if that.  Hopefully though it was enough to kill off some germs, as I am a walking germ factory.
I now have a burning fire going on in the back of my throat and something going on in my ears (no surprise there).  So I am cancelling everything I had planned this week in the hopes of not spreading it to anyone else; especially dh........no reason to explain why there...LOL

I wonder if I include another summer you tube video it might get warmer, doesn't hurt either it's from one of my all time favourite movies!!



Today is also a very special as it's my mam's birthday. 

Happy Birthday Mam!

14 comments:

Debrazzawoman said...

I try not to comment on the weather all the time too, but can't help it. We are British, it's in our genes!! And anyway, when you grow all your own veggies it's important!

After a spell of......NO STOP.....

Boopnut said...

Happy Birthday to your Mam! Are you taking anything for that sore throat? Honey and lemon juice. One tablespoon of each. Of course, if you have Strept, you will have to get antibiotics. I bet it was that darn plane where you picked up the bug!
Deb

Jane and Chris said...

It's 'warming' up today!
Jane x

Scrappy quilter said...

Oh my you guys have been cold. I hope you are feeling better soon. We are babysitting 4 little boys and they are all sick (one with infection in both ears). Our weather is nice though.

EG CameraGirl said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well, Gill! Thanks for not sharing it! :))

Rose said...

Happy Birthday, Gill's Mam!

You guys have sure had the cold...I thought we were bad.

And feel your pain with the sickness...it took us forever to get over ours.

Stella Jones said...

I hope you don't succumb to that virus Gill. Keep warm and drink plenty and good luck.

Jane said...

Poor you!! However, it's the perfect time to lay low and cocoon! Hopefully both you and the weather will improve over the coming week!

William Kendall said...

Happy Birthday to your mother.

I've had the burning throat on numerous occasions; when I get a cold, it manifests itself very much as a sore throat.

Evelyn said...

waving here from the east coast, shovelled 5.5 hours today in bitter cold wind. Happy Birthday to your mom!

barbara woods said...

take care of yourself, hope it goes away soon

Pom Pom said...

Happy birthday to your mum, Gill! I'm so sorry you have a sore throat! That's no fun!
I love the smell of coffee as much as the taste. It makes the house come alive.
I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness those temperatures ! Take care of yourself and wish a Happy birthday to your Mum from your new follower in France !

Winifred said...

A belated happy birthday to your Mam!
I have to say we have nothing to complain about here in Britain, weatherise that is. Now doesn't that make a change!
Hope your bug goes away soon. Take care.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...