Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Snakes

Decided to haul out the anaconda (aka. central vac) on Tuesday to do a bit of hoovering.  My mother nicknamed it the anaconda, as it must be as long as one.  The hose does have a habit of coiling round like a snake. Ours is a Beam unit.
One of my favourite things in this house is the vac pan I have in the kitchen that is attached to the central vac.
Can you see it under the kitchen sink cupboard?
I had one in one of our other houses and it is the best thing ever.  You sweep your kitchen floor, kick open the lever and all the dust and dirt is sucked up.
Please don't mind the splashes on my kitchen cupboards.  Dark colours it turns out are hard to keep clean.  I will say though putting the vac pan under the kitchen sink would not be my first choice as I can't put a kitchen mat down there.  If though you are thinking of installing a central vac unit, make a point of getting a vac pan put in; you'll love it.

I try to hoover only once or twice a week.  How many times do you vacuum each week?

P.S. I am terrified of snakes!!!

P.P.S. Just posted another book review on a book I brought back from Britain.  Click on this link.

P.P.P.S. Playing around with my blog layout, so please be patient things will get moved around a bit!!

13 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I have always wanted a vac pan . The thought of not bending down with the dustpan sounds perfect to me. We have an older Beam I do love it. Hug B

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I would love to have a central vac. There was one in our previous home but it wasn't working when we moved in so I never had the privilege of using it. I wish they had put one in our new house.

Piece by Piece said...

I have a central vac but, no vac pan. I have hardwood floors throughout my house, (use the Swiffer a couple of days a week on them) carpet is in my rec room. And with me in the house, only four or five days a week it does not need a lot of cleaning.
Patricia

Jane and Chris said...

I loved the central vac we had in our last house!
Jane x

John Going Gently said...

I love the fact you can plug your snake into the wall!

William Kendall said...

An aunt has central vacuuming in her house.

That windmill I posted in the blog today is in the park right alongside Speedvale Avenue, if you're familiar enough with Guelph's major roads.

Country Gal said...

Snakes don't bother me I had one wrapped around me at the reptile zoo for my nephews B-day lol ! I have had a Beam central VAC for 5 years now and I love it . Miggs doesn't mind it but our cat Harley well she hides from the big grey snake lol ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

DeniseinVA said...

I like your blog layout. That suction thing in your kitchen is darned clever! I had a central vac system in one of our houses we lived in. I miss it. Very convenient.

Winifred said...

Well never seen one before. Looks interesting.

Have to say I don't hoover much. Maybe once a week. We have carpets everywhere except the loo, bathroom & kitchen. I did think about wooden floors but they are so cold & show the dust a lot so I opted for carpets again. Lovely to wander about in your bare feet. Sweep the kitchen floor with an old fashioned brush & dustpan then dump it in the bin maybe a couple of times a week then wash it.

I like the new look of the blog!

Rose said...

Oh, how i would love that vac pan! That would be wonderful. I just vacuumed for the second time this week...seems like it is sometimes once a week, other times twice, and occasionally 3 times a week.

I remember when the girls were little, it was an everyday job! I guess I am slacking now.

Scrappy quilter said...

No I don't like snakes although not near as bad as dh does. I wish I had a central vac too.

Fran said...

Great idea! I vacuum once a week but sweep up every day (dog hairs get everywhere!). I just hate the kafuffle of getting the Hoover out and then putting it away x

Terra said...

Your vac pan sounds marvelous and I had not heard of that before you posted about it.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...