Thursday, February 19, 2015

It's been a while..........

I finally hunted out my sewing machine and did a bit of sewing on Wednesday.
Dd good friend is expecting a baby girl in April, and as I made her a baby quilt for her baby boy when he was born, I knew I had better get going with one for the new baby to be.

I bought this Riley Blake Little Red Riding Hood  quilt kit a while back and had never used it.  
It is such a cute selection of fabrics and perfect for a little girl.

The only snag though is the kit didn't come with a pattern, so I had to make my own up.  I will share more photos in the next couple of days.

Health wise, onwards and upwards as they say.  I did pop my head out of the door to go to the mail box, but honestly it was so flipping cold, I did not want to stay outside for anymore time than I had too.

12 comments:

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Good Morning! I'm looking forward to seeing what your pattern is. I haven't quilted in ages myself. So many unfinished projects too! lol
Hope you are feeling better today, but do be careful and keep warm {not easy in that weather, I know}
~~~Deb in Wales

Boopnut said...

NOT looking forward to going out! Cute fabric for the quilt.
Deb

DeniseinVA said...

That will be a well received gift, it is lovely. It was 12 degrees F here when I woke up. To answer your question on my post, these photosensitive were taken on our way to Skyline Drive here in Virginia. I have just added a few lines sharing more info.

EG CameraGirl said...

OH, this fabric will make a delightful quilt. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Country Gal said...

Oh that fabric is pretty . It is nasty cold today but the sun is shining so helps brighten things up a bit for me lol ! Hope you get well soon ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

Rose said...

That is such cute fabric! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

It is bitter cold here, too. All the way up to 4*F....

William Kendall said...

Quite a pretty pattern. About the only thing I can sew is the odd button.

Winifred said...

That looks gorgeous Gill. She'll love it.
Hope you feel better & your weather warms up a bit soon. Nothing like a bit of sunshine to perk you up is there.

Piece by Piece said...

Love the fabric, perfect for a little girl. I have had a technician and his manger here all afternoon. I now have a working phone. But the fight is not over yet. Need to get some compensation for all of the days I have been without the Plus hope to get some reimbursement for the additional card I had to purchase for my cell due to all of the calls to Bell.
Patricia

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

Love the red riding hood fabric! I keep bugging Luke to get me a sewing machine.

Scrappy quilter said...

Gill, I look forward to seeing the finished quilt. We have had +12 - +17C weather here and no snow. I'm loving this however I am a bit concerned we may pay for it later. Stay warm and get better soon.

Linda said...

I love this fabric, Gill, it is lovely. :)

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...