Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Chalkboard and lost for words for a change.....

Chalkboards are all the decorating rage at the moment.  Dd has had one for a while now, she made it herself and it looks great.  You can see more of hers in this post.

I wanted one, more for the fact I could write things down on it, in the hopes it would help me remember things.  Dd made hers by buying a picture frame from Ikea and painting it with chalkboard paint.  I bought mine ready made at Michael's on sale for under $30.


Underneath it you can see I have hung a bar with a couple of pots on it.  All that is from Ikea  The bar is here, the hooks come separate here.  The two tubs and the plant is also from Ikea.

A close up of the faux plant.  It is quite realistic.
 I got the chalkboard markers from Michael's.  They are around $20 but I got mine on sale.
 Here is a close up of the detail on the frame, it is a weathered look.  Dd was up and wrote on it.
All in all very pleased with it all.  I have one spare hook on the rail, I want to get a small heart sign for there.  I have seen something I like on someone else blog, so just need to source one over here.

Now why was I lost for words.  I am not well; it's all in the head, ears, nose and throat.  I was up for nearly three hours through the night on Monday night.  My right ear is killing me, and I have a silly cough and moisture in my nose.  So I decided to go to the walk in clinic in town.  Believe this was not undertaken lightly, as I personally have better things to do than sit in a room for hours with sick people!!

It is a three hour round trip to go to our doctors office and see him; and as I don't have the energy to do that trip off I went to the walk in.  Will say it's a lovely office, super staff and very clean.  It is in our local Wal-Mart store.  Didn't have to wait too long probably around 1 1/2 hours.

The doctor came in told her what was wrong.  She looked in my ears and said they are nice and clear.  Looked in my throat and said that was fine and told me there was nothing wrong with me.  I said are you sure there is nothing wrong with my ear as it's really sore.  Nope, it was fine and take Sudafed to clear any congestion.  I said I am on blood pressure pills and was told not to take them.  Again, she said they would be fine for a couple of days.  And that was it......

Believe me when I say, my ears feel awful, my throat is on fire and this tickly cough is bloody annoying.  Something is going on.  So Sudafed it is, not sure for how long.  I'll give it three days and if I am no better, I will try and get into see my own doctor.


11 comments:

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Hoping you are feeling better, I know that nasty feeling as well. My ear, throat, eyes & teeth were killing with sinus pressure yesterday. Feel better soon. Love the chaulkboard.

Fishcake_random said...

I said I wouldn't follow the chalkboard crowd but seeing this I'm finding myself rather tempted!
X

Jane and Chris said...

I've always had a chalkboard in the kitchen..I KNEW it would be fashionable one day!
Jane x

Boyett-Brinkley said...

As one who suffered from earaches as a child, I feel for you! Feel better soon, Gill or get yourself to the doctor!

Scrappy quilter said...

make an appt with your own Dr. Ear problems are not something you fool around with especially as we get older. You yourself know when you are sick. I wish doctors would get that.

Piece by Piece said...

Never been to a walk in clinic for the reasons you experienced. Heard so many complaints such as yours.
Hope you are feeling better soon.

Thanks for info regarding Bell and FB. As you see I posted again today, techie coming??????
Facebook rep, also was asked for my account number and contact phone, so a Sr. representative can call me. Am I getting somewhere, time will tell, in the mean time, still not holding my breath. If I wasn't moving within the next couple of month's I would dump Bell right now.
Patricia

Rose said...

I love the chalkboard idea! I may have to come up with something like that.

I only ever had one ear ache in my life when I was a kid. I don't know how mom did it, but she just took a whole onion--skin and all and heated it all the way through....very hot. Wrapped it in a towel just enough till it would not burn me and had me lay with my ear on that...it ended the pain. I don't know if it is what helped or if it would have quit anyway, but it was hurting pretty bad...I can still remember it.

Jane said...

These days if something's viral then a visit to the doctor is a waste of time. They just won't do a darn thing for you - you just have to wait for it to get better. Not very helpful, I know!

William Kendall said...

Could it be a sinus infection? The ear problem particularly reminds me of that. In which case you'll need something to deal with it.

I would not return to that walk in clinic; I've seen my share of doctors who simply shrug and say, "nothing wrong with you."

Country Gal said...

Love the chalk board and pots . Oh sounds like you have Sinusitis I had that with a bad tooth as it was the infected tooth that caused it all ! Hope you get medical treatment soon for that and get better .

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sometimes you have to feel awful to feel better or at least it sure seems that way at times. Hope you get to see your own dr cause the clinic visit didn't seem too helpful even if closer.
I like the chalkboard, but have been considering a white board as I already have a lot of markers, but didn't know where to store them until I saw your hanging buckets from Ikea. We have seen these at the store, just never thought of the alternate uses...thanks Gill.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...